Posted on :
14 Sep, 2012
14 Sep, 2012
Job Title: SAP HR Administrator
Location: Durban , KZN , SA
Reports to: Compensation and Benefits Officer
Job Type: Permanent
Education Required: Diploma (Technikon)
Level of Experience: 3 – 6 years
Qualification: Information Systems
Job Category: Human Resources,Information Technology
Salary Structure: Total Cost to Company
Main Purpose :
• Perform all SAP HR transactions to complete the Hire-to-Separation process.
• Maintain and report on SAP HR master data, especially in Personnel Administration (PA), Personnel Development (PD) and Organizational Management (OM) components.
• Provide administrative support to Remuneration and Benefits processes, including query resolution and liaison with third parties.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities :
• Provide reliable, accurate and timely administrative support to all transactional HR processes across employee life cycle processes in line with service delivery standards, including:
o Manage and process HR transactions on SAP HR, including
– starters input
– pay and benefit changes
– change of position
– absence administration
– leavers input
o Maintain employee data on SAP HR and employee files in an
accurate and timely manner
o Maintain and process organisational changes on SAP HR.
• Support the monthly payroll process including HR SAP input, checking and reporting to comply with audit requirements and business need.
• Provide administrative support to compensation and benefits related activities including liaison with third party vendors.
• Operate as the first point of contact for generic employee queries related to HR Systems.
• Operate as the first point of contact for all Company Car Scheme administration and queries.
• Provide HR Help Desk sessions to address employees’ HR systems and/or benefits queries in the field.
• Work with the HR Specialists to resolve/ action employee queries/ requests as required.
• Maintain contact with customers to track and monitor the speedy resolution of each query/ request to ensure employees are regularly updated on progress and notified when their query/ request has been completed
• Maintain accurate and up to date data libraries.
• Report on SAP HR Master Data, regularly and on an ad hoc basis, specify any reports that may be needed to improve SAP HR processes and monitoring.
• Provide regular feedback to HR Operations Manager and HR Specialists regarding challenges and opportunities for improvement in HR administration and processes.
• Participate in adhoc project work as required and operate as a SAP HR PA super user including participating in reporting activities and providing guidance to SAP HR users
• HR / Information Systems Diploma
• SAP Certification – SAP HR Module.
• Technical process expertise – 3-5 years experience administering HR processes, payroll input/liaison and maintaining HR databases, including SAP HR, essential.
• IT Skills – strong PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet) essential.
• Communication – good written and numerical skills and the ability to communicate well with staff at all levels essential.
• Analysis & diagnostic investigation – strong analytical ability with diagnostic skills essential.
• Values/ ethics/ integrity – strong people values, ethics, integrity and the ability to maintain confidentiality essential
• Attention to detail/ accuracy/ timeliness – strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to deliver to deadline essential.
• Delivery orientated – strong focus on achievement and delivery to deadline essential.
• Customer focused – ability to understand and respond appropriately to customer requirements in an effective, timely and customer orientated manner essential.
• Planning and organisation – self managing with the ability to plan and prioritise a varied workload and ensure effective delivery to deadline