Posted on :
27 Apr, 2010
27 Apr, 2010
Description: This company manufactures and distributes top quality automotive components to OEMs and the automotive aftermarket in southern Africa. Their locally manufactured brands: Gabriel, Echlin, Acsa-Mag, AutoExel, MAG-Brakes, Autosave and Autocom are well known, established brands which have become synonymous with quality and reliability in the automotive aftermarket in South Africa.
Based in City Deep in Johannesburg, as well as in Cape Town they employ around 600 people dedicated to efficient production, according to the highest standards of ISO, TS and SABS certification. In addition, leading
international brands have been selected carefully and procured from accredited sources, subjected to their quality and supplier development initiatives.
The company takes on Engineering students in the following fields:
– Electronic Automation Engineering students
– Mechanical Engineering students
– Chemical Engineering students
– Environmental Management students
On application, specific projects and work descriptions will be set out for the above students.
– Industrial Engineering student:
1. Time studies for plant processes/operation
2. Plant Capacity & line balancing
3. Assist with process improvement to reduce cycle time
The interns will be provided with a fantastic working environment, and receive excellent training in their field in a world class company that carry out production to the highest standards.
– Traning provided in one of the top automotive suppliers in South Africa
– Interning in one of the most beautiful cities in the world
– We take care of all the necessary paperwork with your host company, organisation or institution.
– We assist you with the visa formalities, insurance and flight bookings.
– We organize an accommodation for you that suits your needs and budget.
– We welcome you at the airport, take you to your accommodation and show you around.
– On arrival you’ll get an information folder about Cape Town including important phone numbers, tips and details plus a discount card for several backpackers, bars, restaurants and car hire.
– You will receive a local SIM-card for your cell phone from us.
– We accompany you on your fist day of work and give you a friendly introduction to your new colleagues.
– We assist you with renting or purchasing a car.
– You will receive our weekly Newsletter.
– We organise weekly meetings and affordable and exciting monthly weekend trips for all Magisters and friends of Magister.
– If you are interested in traveling, we can get you large discounts with well known local tour operators.
– We are always available for you before, during, and after your stay.
– Student of Mechanical, Industrial, Chemical, Environmental or Electrical Automation Engineering
– Have strong technical and organisational skills
– Previous work experience, and a hard working and motivated individual
|Job/Intern Types :|
Experience Required: no
This Program is open to Worldwide Participants.
Typically Participants Work Independently
Application Process Involves:
Post-Program Services Include:
Magister Student Placement Organisation’s Mission Statement: As one of the most established and well known intern and volunteer organizations in Cape Town, Magister’s main objective is geared towards the matching and placing of qualified International students and volunteers with dynamic Cape Town based companies and organizations. Magister also caters for the needs of backpacker tourists and newly qualified entrants to the labor market. With our wide network of contacts and range of skills we strive to ensure that your experience abroad remains an unforgettable one. While strengthening foreign ties between South Africa and other countries, Magister offers great value to their students and invests in their personal development and education as well as their careers. By liaising regularly with the students and providing professional advice and individualized services, we aim to ensure the easy set-up, smooth running and successful conclusion of ventures. We encourage the students to get to know one another and establish relationships that will support them throughout their stay in South Africa.
Year Founded: 2000