Johannesburg Children’s home (JCH) is one of the oldest Charitable institutions in Gauteng which has provided a ‘home away from home’ and cared for thousands of children over the past 127 years. This exciting role within the Johannesburg Children’s Home (JCH) is aimed at ensuring ongoing sustainability and continued development of the home.
Job Title: Fundraiser
Location: Johannesburg Gauteng
Report to: Managing Director
The purpose of the position is to Achieve annual fundraising targets (repeat funders and prospective funders) though building and maintaining relationships with funders (Corporate, Foundations, Trusts and Individuals). Planning and executing fundraising events and the submission of proposals and fundraising requests
- Grow annual income from repeat funders against set targets.
- Grow annual income from prospective funders against set targets.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy
- Write and submit funding proposals and progress reports.
- Execute and maintain fundraising administration and related data capturing.
- Continuous maintenance and growth of JCH image and reputation.
- Continued liaison and interaction with internal departments regarding fundraising matters
- Relevant Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Sales or equivalent.
- Minimum five (5) years practical experience with proven record of achieving set targets in the NGO sector.
- Passion for the Social Development Sector.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Good computer skills and mastery of the MS suite
- A commercial and entrepreneurial mind-set
- Innovative nature and problems solving skills
- Energy and commitment of a self-starter
- Valid driver’s license and own vehicle.
Please submit your CV in confidence to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Friday, 13 November, 2020