The Advanced Customer Services (ACS) practice is a unit within the Oracle’s Customer Service (Support) Organisation that establishes long-term relationships with many of Oracle’s largest customers through annuity-based service contracts. ACS Senior Service Sales sells services from a broad IT-services portfolio both in fixed price and T&M basis. ACS services are typically requested by large Oracle customers that require the utmost attention to real mission critical applications and processes. ACS covers the majority of large scale Oracle customers.
- Reports to ACS Sales Manager or Director
- leads the ACS sales activities of virtual teams for his/her customers
- Works in a designated industry on a defined customer list and cooperates within the Oracle Account team.
- Works to identify and cover all organizations (including existing Oracle customers) that fall into their designated account list focusing on building a strong pipeline and closing opportunities in a timely fashion
- Works with appropriate Oracle Partners, i.e. resellers, SI’s, ISV’s, technology partners and alliances
- Works with Customer Management (CM) and other Lines of Business (LOBs) to maximize the return from the assigned set of accounts
- Works towards an allocated ACS Sales Booking target
- Winning new, up sell & Renew ACS sales revenue in line with targets.
- Developing a strategy and ACS sales plan to address the designated account list.
- Developing profiles of targeted accounts.
- Driving the implementation of ACS sales and marketing campaigns.
- Generating, maturing and following up on leads.
- Identifying and working with the appropriate people in Oracle and the Customer.
- Developing, extending and maintaining relationships with the appropriate staff.
- Facilitating and nurturing Senior Management relationships to generate active sponsorship of Oracle.
- Working with, and influencing the activities of Oracle Partners as appropriate.
- Maintaining an understanding of Oracle’s strategic direction and interpreting its relevance to the industry sector.
- Maintaining an understanding of competitive activity relevant to industry sector
- Research and communicate current industry trends, drivers and potential.
- Translate Oracle’s ACS Strategy and Marketing Messages to the market.
- Utilizes Oracle ACS Value Propositions and communicate the benefits of these to the market.
- Design ACS sales campaigns and put teams and task forces together to deliver them.
- Generate and manage bids teams.
- Produce and communicates an accurate weekly forecast while maintaining the sales pipeline on Global Customer Management System (GCM).
- Build and maintain effective relationships with other Oracle LOBs to ensure resources are made available as and when required.
- Establish and maintain contractual agreements between Oracle and the Customers.
- Maintain contact with accounts throughout delivery implementation.
- Maintaining an awareness of Partner Competence and capability.
- Operate in line with Oracle’s business processes and procedures.
- Deliver and co-ordinate customer presentations and demonstrations.
- Attend Industry and product forums.
- Maintains the highest level of compliance with Oracle’s internal policies and business practices.
- At least 5 years of sales experience in the enterprise IT sector.
- Understanding of the enterprise software / infrastructure market.
- Experience in working on advanced/integrated engagements.
- Willing to travel on frequent basis.
- Minimum 3 years of successful direct sales experience
- Self starter, fast learner and hungry for knowledge and information.
- Fully aware of technology trends, industry standards and terminology.
- Team player.
- Proven track record.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).