Posted on :
2 Dec, 2014
2 Dec, 2014
Johannesburg Water Recruitment Opportunity
Analyst (2 Posts) (Ref. A/2014)
To conduct complex analyses in the laboratory and ensure the reliability and accuracy of results generated.
• Plan and control the daily lab analyses according to sample rosters
• Conduct the daily analysis of samples
• Be available for weekend duty on a rotational basis and for emergency analyses after hours when required
• Work safely by adhering to all relevant safety procedures as stipulated by the company and the OHS Act
• Conduct analyses using complex specialised instrumentation such as GC-MS, ICP-MS, ICP-OEP, FIA, etc and techniques
• Evaluate laboratory data on a daily basis using relevant mathematical and statistical analysis
• Interpret results of such analyses and investigate any anomalies found and report to the laboratory manager
• Undertake research under the supervision of the manager and initiate development work if and when required
• Provide training to laboratory staff (including interns) as per SOPs and analytical methods
• Maintain and troubleshoot complex analytical equipment
• Assist Customer Liaison Officer in dealing with clients and receiving samples and ensure efficient communication with all stakeholders
• Implement the QA system by following SOPs and methods
• Maintain and improve the QA system
• Keep abreast of legislation and standards.
The candidate for this post should possess the following attributes:
• BSc Chemistry/Applied Chemistry (NQF 7) or National Diploma in Analytical Chemistry (NQF 6)
• 2 years’ chemical analysis experience in a laboratory, preferably in a water analysis or environmental analysis
• Working knowledge of ISO 17025.
How to Apply
Applications for this post: E-mail: [email protected]
Correspondence will be conducted with short-listed candidates only.
Should you not have heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
JW reserves the right not to appoint.
Closing date: 4 December 2014
In terms of EE consideration and targets, preference will be given to applicants in terms of the Regional (Gauteng) EAP targets; however, anyone is welcome to apply