John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks a dynamic and highly motivated candidate for the HR Specialist position for a USAID-funded HIV Care and Treatment project in the City of Johannesburg, South Africa. The project is envisaged to run until 2021. The role will be a full-time position based in Pretoria, South Africa.
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist
The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Head: Human Resources to perform HR generalist function, recruit, lead staff engagement, ensuring timely performance reviews, sound employee relations advisory and promoting staff adherence to JSI policies, procedures and processes. Continuation of the role will be contingent upon project funding.
Key Performance Areas:
- Ensure the proper planning and implementation of the project recruitment plan, including JD development, position advertisements, shortlisting, interviewing, and checking references;
- In accordance with JSI policy, prepare salary calculations, offer letters, and employment contracts, ensuring the appropriate validation is received for all new hires;
- Support and maintain accurate HR documentation, databases and filing systems, both electronically and manually on HR shared folders and personnel files.
- Ensure accurate and timely compliance reporting;
- Support project-related oversight of the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Replicon, and performance management document tracking;
- Ensure proper orientation and onboarding of all new employees according to JSI policy and processes;
- Attend to queries, cycles and reconciliations for leave for all project employees and ensure they are current, up to date and audit ready;
- Provide timely information sharing and support to the finance team in order to execute payroll process flow;
- In consultation with the corporate Head of HR, assist employees and managers to understand and implement positive changes in people management practices;
- Act as the operational point of contact for all project-related HR subcontracted services and ensure service excellence for the project;
- In consultation with the corporate Head of HR, act as focal point at project level for employee relations, disciplinary issues, and the employee assistance program;
- Serve as the project Safety and Security Focal Person (SSFP);
- Work closely with other members of the HR team to ensure collaboration and coordination of efforts; and
- Perform ad hoc task delegated within reason from time to time by JSI Management team.
- B-Tech Degree in Human Resources Management.
- Minimum of a National Diploma in HR/Administration.
- (5) Five plus years working experience in human resources management is an essential requirement, (2) two years with an international NGO experience will be an added advantage
- Experience in employee relations management, CCMA representation, management of change process will be an essential requirement.
- Demonstrable knowledge of USAID rules and regulations as they relate to HR as well as of South African labor law will be an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Proficiency in Microsoft Word is an essential requirement.
- Demonstrable organizational and interpersonal skills is essential.
- Demonstrable attention to detail, ability to interpret and implement procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively in a team environment in local and virtual offices is an essential attribute.
- Above average demonstrable written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable analysis and independent problem-solving capacity is essential.
- Excellent relationship building skills in a cross-cultural environment, and persuasion, networking and negotiation skills is an added advantage.
- Familiarity and understanding of HR audit preparation process
- Certificate of competency and targeted recruitment will be an added advantage
- Payroll knowledge.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Human Resources Specialist) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in JSI.
Application Deadline: 14 April 2020 after which, it will be rolling for consideration until we find a suitable candidate.