John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for 1x Finance/Administrative Assistant for a USAID-funded HIV prevention program in South Africa.
Job Title: Finance/Administrative Assistant
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The Finance Assistant will report to the Project Accountant and be responsible for the day to day accounting function for the project. The Finance Officer will support finance, administration and human resources functions.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist the F&A team continuously with audit readiness;
- Prepare Payment Allocation Forms;
- Prepare all material related to field accounts for mailing, ensuring that appropriate copies are maintained and filed according to JSI guidelines;
- Create new hire payment profiles;
- Preparation of statutory data report
- Manages petty cash
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Finance Manager and HR
- Prepares and collects all necessary onboarding documentation
- Assist to maintain HR records through an appropriate filing system
- Follows up with all employees to ensure timesheets are submitted and approved on a monthly basis.
- Files all compliance reports.
- Facilitates the exit checklist and signatures from Supervisor, IT and other departments for employees leaving the organization.
- Assist the HR Officer in the implementation of the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Replicon, leave management etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in Administration, logistics or a field relevant to the position
- Minimum 3 years’ successful experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain sense of perspective.
- The position requires a fair minded, people oriented and caring individual with excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to diversity.
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Experience working with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage
Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for Training and Capacity Development Advisor) to [email protected]
Applications Deadline: 19 March 2020