John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a Provincial VMMC Program Manager for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa. The positions will be based in KZN and Gauteng
Job Title: Provincial VMMC Program Manager
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The Provincial VMMC Program Manager will work with District VMMC Manager to ensure the highest quality service provision that adheres to international and national standards/protocols. This position provides overall strategic leadership and direction in the allocated province to ensure achievement of program objectives and targets in targets districts and sites.
Key Performance Areas:
- Works closely with district managers, site coordinator and team leaders within their province.
- Responds to logistical, clinical, and programmatic issues at district level.
- Coordinates with the demand creation team to ensure that the demand matches the supply of services within the province.
- Coordinates with provincial Department of Health (DOH) managers for integration of project-supported activities within the provincial health program.
- Coordinates with M&E teams to ensure that databases are accurate and updated regularly.
- Reports any province-wide issues and district-level issues to the project’s senior management team as appropriate for review and resolution.
- Monitors weekly service delivery statistics within the province. Suggests revisions to site scheduling and placement strategy, as needed.
- Assists with the follow-through of district-level performance improvement plans.
- Holds weekly meetings with site coordinators and keeps sites well informed of progress or potential changes within the program.
- Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons across the program.
- Finds creative ways to acknowledge excellence and achievement within the province.
- Compiles monthly, quarterly and annual provincial reports on program implementation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelors degree in Nursing, Medicine, or Public Health is an essential requirement.
- (10) Ten years of experience in the health sector at clinical and/or managerial/administrative positions will be an essential requirement.
- Experience supervising and managing staff in a clinical setting will be an essential requirement
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Specifying in the Subject Line the Position being applied for and location e.g. “Provincial VMMC Programme Manager “ – Durban” to [email protected].
Applications Deadline: 21st November 2019