John Snow Inc., (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting for a Human Resources Assistant for an anticipated USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa.
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Location: South Africa
The Human Resource Assistant contributes to the accomplishment of Human Resources practices and objectives in managing the full employee life cycle from recruitment, induction to exit for all project staff. This position will be based in Pretoria, reporting to the HR Officer.
- Assists with placement of adverts for facilitating recruitment
- Assists with contacting shortlisted candidates and arranging for interviews
- Assists with background check for selected candidates and mails out the candidate offer letter packet as requested and tracks return
- Prepares and collects all necessary onboarding documentation
- Processes enrollments, changes, and terminations of participants in all benefit plans and programs
- Assist to maintain HR records through an appropriate filing system
- Assist employees with any benefit claim issues
- Assists with employee orientation
- Follows up with all employees to ensure timesheets are submitted and approved on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for updating, and reconciling all staff records/bills for Medical insurance, GLA, GPA and Workmen’s compensation.
- Files all compliance reports.
- Facilitates the exit checklist and signatures from Supervisor, IT and other departments for employees leaving the organization.
- Assist the HR Officer in the implementation of the Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) and Replicon, leave management etc.
- Excellent computer skills, including Word and Excel in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices.
- Experience in administration of benefits and other HR programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Skills in database management and record keeping.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Grade 12
- Diploma/Degree in HR Management or equivalent
- Minimum two years working experience
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Specifying in the Subject Line the Position being applied for and location e.g. “HR Assistant” to [email protected]. Please clearly indicate in the subject line if you are applying for the Durban, Ulundi or Sedibeng based position.
Applications Deadline: 21st November 2019