John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a District VMMC Manager for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa. The positions will be based in Durban and Ulundi.
Job Title: District VMMC Manager
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The District VMMC Manager will lead the planning, management and implementation of all district based activities in collaboration with the Provincial VMMC Manager.
Key Performance Areas:
- In collaboration with the DOH, plan for the smooth implementation of VMMC activities at district level including cultivating and maintaining good working relations with DOH and other community based organizations.
- In collaboration with the VMMC Technical Specialist, ensure that VMMC service delivery meets the minimum standards of procedure as prescribed by DOH, WHO and PEPFAR.
- Manage demand generation activities and lead district-based demand generation teams to plan and coordinate community-based demand generations to meet program targets.
- Work closely with the technical and M&E team to develop and maintain routine data and performance monitoring systems (including daily and weekly reporting) analyze programmatic data in a timely fashion, identify programmatic gaps and challenges, devise solutions, and make strategic recommendations.
- Coordinate and manage the VMMC roving teams to ensure efficient programming.
- Identify training gaps amongst district VMMC teams and liaise with the Training/Capacity Development Advisor team to bridge the gaps.
- Represent the JSI VMMC program in sector meetings at district level.
- Coordinate with the Logistics officer to assure adequate stock of VMMC commodities in order to prevent disruptions in service delivery.
- Lead the process of developing draft work plans and progress reports
- Ensure efficient coordination of all district logistics and finance, human resources and administrative activities in order to maintain and improve operational support to district VMMC teams.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a health related field
- Prior experience in VMMC is required
- Training and experience in management is desirable.
- At least two years’ experience working with an international NGO and USAID or donor funding organization will be preferred.
Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for District VMMC Manager) to [email protected]
Applications Deadline: 21st November 2019