John Snow Inc., (JSI), a public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs, is recruiting for a Technical Supply Chain Advisor for a USAID-funded HIV prevention, care and treatment program in South Africa.
Job Title: Technical Supply Chain Advisor
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The Technical Supply Chain Advisor will coordinate and organize procurement, storage and distribution of all medical and other supplies as well as coordinate waste management activities for the VMMC project.
Key Performance Areas:
- Develop and support the implementation of sound procurement policies that ensure acquisition of goods and services is done while adhering to USAID and JSI guidelines.
- Develop systems that will support forecasting and planning for the JSI’s VMMC Project needs and requirements by keeping abreast of market and product trends and development.
- Work with the districts and health facilities to profile quantifications as required.
- Coordinate with USAID Global Health Supply Chain project to ensure that timely supply of goods.
- Design and implement systems that will facilitate smooth and efficient receipt, storage, transport, and delivery of medical commodities in the warehouses in accordance with Good Distribution Practices.
- Map facilities and develop a cost effective routing system.
- Maintain and track supplies in storage at the HQ office in Pretoria to prevent over or under stock or wastage of supplies through expiry and monitor temperature in the store to ensure items are not destroyed.
- Design and implement responsive systems/processes that will ensure timely, efficient and effective procurement of goods and services in liaison with the district based teams.
- Provide mechanisms that will ensure that there are proper linkages with supplies, accounting and other stores procedures to ensure that the organization properly maintains stocks based on demand.
- Respond to urgent and ad hoc request for supplies
- Ensure maintenance of updated suppliers list.
- Establish, in co-ordination with the relevant department and end-users, quality specifications of goods and services required by the project.
- Compile and maintain feedback about the quality of supplies received and feedback the manufacturers or suppliers.
- Coordinate with district based logistics officers to ensure that all VMMC waste is collected in a timely manner and managed as per the guidelines.
- Assess the regional, district and facility level supply chain business processes and identify key performance indicators to be used to monitor the supply chain process.
- Support the design of systems and processes that will ensure efficient and effective flow of information and goods in the supply chain.
- Liaise with finance and other departments to ensure invoice payments are properly documented, approved, and prepared in a timely manner.
- Facilitate the capture of supply chain transactions and the maintenance of complete and accurate records at each stage of service delivery.
- Compile scheduled and other ad hoc reports related to logistics.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or related field will be requirement.
- Minimum of (5) Five years’ experience working in supply chain, (3) Three of which must have been in the health sector is an essential requirement.
- At least (2) Two years’ experience working with an international NGO and USAID or donor funding organisation will be an added advantage.
Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for Technical Supply Chain Advisor) to email@example.com
Applications Deadline: 15 November 2019