JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting for a Transport and Logistics Officer for a USAID-funded HIV prevention Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) program in South Africa based in Pretoria.
Job Title: Transport and Logistics Officer
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The Transport and Logistics Officer will report to the Senior Manager Finance and Administration and provide administrative services in support of the JSI EpiC Project VMMC program in vehicle and driver management and fixed assets management.
Key Performance Areas:
- Support project’s technical and operations teams by efficiently coordinating travel, lodging, meeting and training logistics for all project-related activities
- Plan, advice, manage and report on travel and associated services
- Establish and implement fleet management systems that include vehicle licenses, issuing of vehicles and ensures they are maintained in good working condition.
- Oversee the management of project assets that include annual physical inventory of all fixed assets, update fixed assets database as and when changes take place
- Undertake other associated tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant University Degree (BA/BSc.) or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain sense of perspective.
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Experience working with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Transport and Logistics Officer) to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 15th November 2019