JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting for a Project Accountant for a USAID-funded HIV prevention Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) program in South Africa based in Pretoria.
Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose:
The Project Accountant will report to the Snr Finance and Operations Manager and be responsible for the day to day accounting function for the project. The Project Accountant will support finance, administration and human resources functions.
Key Performance Areas:
- Assist staff in preparing and reconciling travel advances and completing field expense reports;
- Process monthly financial reports;
- Process project advances to JSI staff and other eligible recipients, ensuring advance reconciliation in a timely manner and processing expense reports;
- Assist with raising payments for services/ products ordered and /or received;
- Load and process PAYE payments and relevant returns using the relevant system;
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers;
- Assist Snr F&O Manager with the design and implementation of finance policies and procedures;
- Assist Snr F&O Manager with field accounts queries;
- Ensure payments are done timely especially those that accrue penalties;
- Assist the F&A team continuously with audit readiness;
- Calculate, allocate and process payments such as shared expenses to staff members and vendors;
- Prepare Payment Allocation Forms;
- Prepare all material related to field accounts for mailing, ensuring that appropriate copies are maintained and filed according to JSI guidelines;
- Create new hire payment profiles;
- Load and process salary payments as advised;
- Asset management, fixed assets reconciliation;
- Preparation of statutory returns;
- VAT reconciliation and payroll reconciliation.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or financial management or an advanced Accounting professional qualification at NQF level 6 is an essential requirement;
- Knowledge of an accounting package e.g. QuickBooks or Pastel Evolution is an essential requirement;
- Minimum of (5) five years’ experience in finance, accounting and audit is required;
- Experience in performing an Accountant role in an NGO or donor funded setting will be an added advantage;
- Experience working with USG-funded projects will be an added advantage.
Submit applications via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Application for Accountant) to [email protected]
Applications Deadline: 21st November 2019