JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a Boston-based public health management firm dedicated to providing high quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs throughout the United States and the low- and middle-income countries, is currently recruiting for aPayroll Officer for a USAID-funded voluntary male medical circumcision (VMMC) program in South Africa. The position is based in Pretoria with frequent travel in 2 provinces.
Job Title: Payroll Officer
Location: South Africa
Role Description and Purpose
The Payroll Officer will report to Snr Finance and Operations Manager and work closely with other units. The person will be responsible for ensuring compliance with both donor and government requirements. S/he will provide support which includes, but is not limited to:
Key Performance Areas
- Ensuring that all payroll transactions are processed on a timely basis and efficiently.
- Provide oversight of the Replicon electronic timesheet system including:
- Monitoring daily office-wide Replicon matters and ensuring that changes to staff timesheets after the end of the pay period are conveyed to those who process payroll.
- Processing of payroll in JSI payroll software.
- Ensuring that payroll operations policies and procedures are followed.
- Addressing and resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Undertake other associated tasks and duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Diploma, or equivalent a related field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial management and/or operations on USG-funded projects at senior level.
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to implement procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and manage various activities in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Strong time management/task prioritization skills.
- Experience with Payroll software system desired;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- Computer literacy required (especially Excel and Word).
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume as directed below.
Via email (Specify on the Subject Line: Compliance Officer to [email protected])
Application Deadline: 16th January 2020