Employer: People Source (Pty) Ltd
Purpose of the position:
Accurately maintains financial information including bank and general ledger reconciliations, debtors and creditors books and maintains the BBBEE supplier database.
Key Performance Areas:
- Generates and collates financial information for the finance director to inform the budget process.
- Records expenses against budget on a daily basis.
Supplier BBBEE database maintenance:
- On a monthly basis, update the BBBEE information of suppliers across the group.
- Notify management of potential problem areas / areas of concern.
- Flag areas of non-compliance with Group Policy
- Prepares weekly bank reconciliations of the company’s five bank accounts.
- Process involves capturing invoices, recording them in the cash book, recording the receipts and reconciling to the relevant bank statements.
- Issues receipts.
- Reconciliation of debtors book to identify outstanding balances.
- Obtains approval for the invoice
- Pays the invoice
- Captures the invoice
- Reconciles to supplier statements at month end
Fixed Asset Register:
- Ensures that correct depreciation rates are being used as per GAAP
- Updates depreciation ledger once a month
- Reconciles Fixed Asset register to general ledger
- Provides financial information up request for internal and external audits.
- Clearly details expenditure for approval by the Finance Director before the information gets sent to a tax consultant for income tax calculation.
3 – 5 years accounting experience
- Analysis and roblem solving
- Attention to detail
- Oral communication
- Planning and organising
- Rule orientation
- Written Communication
How to Apply
Click here to apply online
Apply before Tuesday, March 17, 2015Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.