Posted on :
24 Sep, 2012
24 Sep, 2012
We require an extremely energetic and dynamic individual who needs to be a team player, possess good communication skills, be deadline driven and very dedicated.
Your responsibilities will include: handling all aspects of key projects, creating detailed project plans, managing risk, traffic management, ensuring that all timeframes are met and working closely with the agency’s operations manger to ensure the efficient running of all jobs.
The position is client facing and the project manager would need exceptional communication skills to deal with the client on a day-today basis.
This person will apply the knowledge, skills and tools to project activities to meet project requirements. Successfully manage and implement all projects that sustain the company in order to achieve profitability. Align all departments and resources on projects, to achieve the objectives of the company. To be most successful, you must be a confident, with a strong media background.
If you meet the below requirements, please e-mail a short cover letter and CV to [email protected] in order to apply. If you do not receive a response within two working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
• One+ years direct work experience in a digital project management capacity
• Tertiary qualification in project management
• Previous project management experience in a multi media/web based environment is vital.
• University degree or college diploma
• Proven experience in people management
• Proven experience in strategic planning
• Proven experience in risk management
• Software – MS Project advanced knowledge
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
• Manage and control all scoping and planning of projects with related departments
• Manage timelines and communication thereof to meet project deadlines
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path
• Ensure that the project is completed successfully, within the given deadline and budget
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated support documentation
• Manage risks and develop risk management/contingency plans
• Anticipate problems before they occur and find ways to accomplish project goals regardless of changing circumstances
• Quality assurance – effectively apply our methodology and enforce project standards
• Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements
• Posses a thorough understanding of our services
• Provide strategic input into the clients project and business
• Reconcile costs of all projects – ensure all on track in terms of costs
• Identify problem areas where revenue might be lost on the project – assess and rectify
• Assess financial impact of decisions on projects
• Give strategic input (ideas, suggestions) to ensure profitability and productivity
• Liaise with and support finance department
• Previous experience in a web design/web development role
• Business qualification
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Planning and organising
• Excellent decision-making
• Delegation and team work
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• High stress tolerance
• Positive attitude – think creatively and laterally
• Use of initiative
• Conflict management