Posted on :
22 Mar, 2022
22 Mar, 2022
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supply Planning Supervisor at BARRON.
Job Title: Supply Planning Supervisor / Import Controller
Location: Modderfontein, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference #: SPS01
Contract Type: Permanent
The purpose of the Supply Planning Supervisor is to be responsible for overseeing and managing the overall end to end delivery pipeline from the factory to the delivery into Westlake. The incumbent will co-ordinate and work with the forwarder and the internal Barron team to ensure all data is available so the best decisions can be made and planned to ensure in stock of inventory.
Planning and analyzing inventory management:
• Working closely with the forwarding agent to get accurate dates of shipping. Details of Booking from Factory with Forwarder, sailing vessels timelines, Docking at port and timelines of delivery into the Weslake DC
• Build reports, monitor data , and produce reports that keeps the merchandise division knowledgeable on delivery dates into the WH
• Present daily delivery updates to the business
• Manage and work with the receiving in the DC to ensure the WH is ready for receiving of containers
• Manage monthly OTB with Planning to ensure planners are aligned with Finance in terms of cash flow balancing to receipts
• Obtain freight and landside rates and duties, and work with finance and the forwarders to assist the merchandise division with factors to plan accurate GP’s and landed cost.
• Be able to work with documents from Freight forwarders and clearing agents. Manage the requirement from finance to ensure a smooth transition in receipt of stock into Westlake.
• Understand different requirement across different countries in terms of duties, tariff codes and nuances of importing stock into South Africa
• Research different options and negotiate upfront rates for fly in costs, to be agile to quote efficiently
• Responsible for negotiating contracts and rates with shipping companies, freight forwarders, customs house brokers, warehouse manager and related third-party logical service providers. Ensure freight forwards and transportation companies set the best route and rate (reviews and approve all freight terms and agreements where required and deemed necessary).
• Responsible for managing and dealing with customs to ensure fast and efficient delivery of Barron Products.
• Accountable for expedite clearance of goods, by filing entry documents and making sure bonds are paid before the merchandise/goods arrive at the port of entry.
• Oversee and ensure appropriate import and export compliance procedures are followed by employees and contracted service providers. As well as ensure that designated freight forwarders and relevant stakeholders follow established processes and procedures.
• Responsible for developing and implementing the supply planning strategy and logistics solutions by managing costs, providing real time data and managing the forwarding agents productivity, data accuracy and delivery on time and in full.
• Responsible for establishing and adjusting work procedures to meet business demands, schedules and establishing workflows which supports departmental and business strategy.
• Having the ability to work internally , across departments and with external service providers to ensure seamless transfer of data and first class planning of stock into Weslake.
NQF 7 – Degree in supply chain management or logistics (essential)
Certificate in freight management for import & export
Certificate in customs clearing
Supply Chain processes – advanced
Vendor management – advanced
Logistics / transportation – intermediate
Understanding contracts / legal documents – intermediate
Inventory Management – intermediate
Customs management – intermediate
Import Controller – 3 to 5 years
Experience with customs
Experience in a management role – 2 years
Numerical reasoning – intermediate
Verbal reasoning – intermediate
Financial analysis – intermediate
Supply Planning – Intermediate
Problem solving – intermediate
People management – basic
• Freight forwarding companies
NUMBER OF REPORTS
Application Deadline: 29/03/2022