Excellent full time opportunity for a junior to mid-level professional with a passion for International Development, Research and M&E to join our technical team in our Johannesburg office. The successful candidate will have very strong analytical skills. Previous experience in International Development required.
Job Title: Associate Researcher/Evaluator
Job Location: South Africa
- Minimum relevant Master’s degree
- Postgraduate in Monitoring and Evaluation training highly desired or Knowledge and experience of conducting external evaluations
- 2 to 3 years demonstrated and relevant experience in research and M&E activities
- Experience in Education and / or Early Childhood Development sector highly desired
- Very strong analytical skills required – qualitative and quantitative analysis, interpretation and writing
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics, sampling, and research design is an advantage
- Familiarity with donor-related policies and procedures (USAID, DFID, UN) an advantage
- Excellent writing to meet different audience needs, presenting, and communication skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with the full suite of MS Office applications essential
- Project management experience
- Pro-active self-starter, team player willing to take initiative and go the extra mile
- Fluency in French or Portuguese an advantage
- Comfortable with multi-tasking and working in a consultancy environment
- Driver’s license, and must be willing and able to travel local and internationally
- Participate in programme evaluations, assessments, data quality audits, etc.
- Develop tools for data collection – e.g. baseline evaluation, other assessments/protocols.
- Collect, capture and analyses of data including the preparation of reports, slides and presentations
- Contribute to quality data management.
- Assist with Project management: including administrative duties and logistical project support
- Assist with proposal writing and/or proposal preparation
Send applications to: [email protected]
Detailed CV highlighting experience to be submitted with 3 contactable recent referees.
Only shortlisted candidates eligible to work in South Africa will be contacted for an Assessment center
Application Deadline: Friday, 31 May, 2019