Kimberly-Clark is looking for a Graduate Trainee Mill Buyer for the Epping Mill in Cape Town. The incumbent is responsible for the procurement of all materials, equipment and services required by the Mill, which is not purchased on a corporate wide basis.
Main Purpose of the job
The incumbent is responsible for the procurement of all materials, equipment and services required by the Mill, which is not purchased on a corporate wide basis. These purchases require the exercise of independent judgment and/or functional work direction of department members to ensure the combination of quality, service and price is optimized. Also responsible for Vendor quality Management Programs & Partnerships to support the business and production.
- Procure goods and services from approved vendor list, local and overseas, and maintain adequate sources of supply to ensure that the function’s (requisitioners) requirements for assigned materials, equipment and services are obtained in an efficient manner
- Constantly evaluating new sources of supply and forward to Mill
- Purchasing Manager / internal customers for approval. This tasks needs to be performed within KCSA’s sourcing strategies.
- Ensure adherence to procedures and controls for the Enstra Mill
- Purchasing function to ensure that all purchasing activities are conducted in accordance with ethical standards and practices and compliance with KCSA’s Code of Conduct.
- Ensure establishment & proper implementation of procedures& controls for all of the Company’s Purchasing activities.
- Administer Purchasing function administration duties, i.e. vendor file maintenance, Open order management, maintain purchasing filing system, effective expediting of open orders and vendor assessment and evaluation system.
- Participation in regular and effective cross-functional teamwork with key customers (internal & external) to ensure support and commitment to business objectives.
- Implement Sourcing Strategies, short, medium and long term to contribute to the Company’s operating profit and working capital objectives.
- Implement plans to increase sourcing activity with B BEE suppliers whom will contribute to our cost and product quality objectives and standards.
- Implement Vendor Partnerships to maximize cost, product quality and lead-time reduction opportunities
- Actively drive the Vendor Quality management Program
Essential Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications
Relevant degree in Procurement / Supply Chain
Post Graduate qualification’s
Strong analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
Successful at interacting, influencing and persuading at all levels
Fluent in English
Strong sense of accountability
Key Competencies / Skills
Effective communication & Negotiation skills.
Ability to analyse supplier pricing information & data into financial impact on KC business.
Integration with the broader team
How to apply
Click here to apply online
Closing Date: Unspecified