Kronendal Music Academy (KMA) affords children the opportunity to explore the magic of music. KMA provides an opportunity for becoming a professional musician.
Job Title: Fundraiser
Location: Hout Bay, Cape Town
The purpose of this position is to implement an effective fundraising strategy to secure funding from a variety of sources for KMA through the implementation of various campaigns and activations. Established NGO seeks experienced Fundraiser with proven track record of a minimum of R4 000 000 per annum.
Reports to: The Executive Director
- Ongoing research into new revenue streams.
- Secure new funders locally, nationally and internationally.
- Develop funding proposals, applications and reports in line with donor requirements.
- Maintain a Client Relationship database.
- Ensure that the CRM and all records relating to donors are regularly updated.
- Establish long-term financial sustainability of the organization.
- Conceptualise project ideas, write project proposals and ensure their timely submission.
- Assist the Director in shaping the business plans to generate innovative revenue streams.
- Ensure good public relations for all events & campaigns.
- Liaise with relevant media bodies and service for exposure.
- With the Director prepare Fundraising Reports for the Executive Board
- With the Director constantly improve and develop relevant communications material for the organization such as brochures, website, annual report, videos and posters.
- Relationship Building
- Together with the Director maintain and develop good relationships with funders through ongoing meaningful communication
- With the Director, prepare a newsletter for distribution at least every quarter
- Matric Certificate and a relevant fundraising/sales experience/qualification
- A proven track record in fundraising for NGO’s
- Target driven and evidence of the ability to close deals
- A strong personal network
- Excellent writing skills
- Driver’s license & own vehicle
- Experience in CRM will be preferable
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and reach deadlines
- Strong planning and organising skills
- A team player with a heart for community
- Innovator and creative thinker
- Able to work in a noisy and very busy open plan office
If you have what it takes to prove your successful fundraising and marketing skills, then we want to hear from you. Send us your motivation letter highlighting your fundraising successes and achievements in monetary value, and a CV in Word format to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, 16 August, 2019