Kutlwanong centre for maths, science and technology programme was initiated by STEM educators 15 years ago in Dobsonville Soweto. They noticed that students were performing poorly in Mathematics and Physical Science. They gathered committed educators and began planning their response.
Job Title: Student Support Services Coordinator
Reports to the Head: Education
The purpose of this position will be responsible for the full function of providing careepathing services and support to learners in high school, students at tertiary and alumni.
- Assist with the development and implementation of the Student support services strategy
- Business Development and Stakeholder Engagement and Management:
- Maintain existing and establish new partnerships with organisations/ universities/ SETA’s for collaboration in the delivery of career pathing and alumni services
- Identify fundraising opportunities and leads
- Scope (The way that the position impacts on the organization):
- • To provide Learning support to students at High school and those at Institutions of Higher Learning (Universities).
- • To deliver a comprehensive range of information, advice and guidance to Learners at High schools and at Tertiary Institutions that promotes wellbeing, safety and academic success.
- Psychosocial support to learners and students:
- Develop methodologies for the detection and identification of psychosocial issues
- Develop strategies through partnerships and collaborations to address the outcomes from psychosocial assessments conducted
- Learner Career Assessment:
- Engage identified students in conversation to determine their specific backgrounds and academic aspirations.
- Evaluate students’ abilities, interests and personalities, aiming to provide regular guidance and support activities.
- Contact students to conduct learning preparedness assessments and communicate course information and required course materials.
- Student Support Events:
- Coordinate all Student Support Events
- Student Bursaries:
- Guide and Advise learners on University entrance requirements.
- Identify Bursary funders for learners.
- University Applications:
- Assist learners with University applications.
- Student Programs:
- Coordinate Student orientation programs.
- Learner and university student support
- Maintain an updated database of all university alumni
- Working Alumni:
- Maintain, collate data for the Alumni database and produce statistical data
- Engage and promote alumni networks via various platforms including social platforms, publication, e-communication and events
- Driven and energetic.
- Initiating action.
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships.
- Cross-cultural/Diversity management
- Impact and influence.
- Follow through
- Strong analytical skills for evaluating student needs.
- Counselling expertise.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office
- Project Management expertise.
- Understanding of Department of Education laws and by-laws.
- Valid Driver’s License (code 8 or 10)
- Decision-making skills.
- Policy review skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Relations skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Counselling skills
- Good influencing skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Relationship building and Stakeholder Management skills.
- Ability to compose original correspondence, write reports, have effective interaction with people, and to communicate ideas and receive and process information from others.
- Sound written and verbal communications skills
- Reliable and flexible individual.
- Education and Formal Training
- Bachelor’s Degree/ 3-year qualification in Communication/ Social Sciences. Work Experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in Student Management or similar role
Please send a covering letter and CV to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 31 August, 2020