Lambano Sanctuary is a Christian NPO that responded to the HIV crises in 2001 by taking in Orphaned HIV+ children to live permanently in our facilities. In 2009 we opened a Paediatric Medical Step-down Facility/Hospice to care for children with life limiting and life-threatening illnesses.
The admission age is 0-18 years, the patients are cared for in a 16-bed facility until they are well enough to be discharged back to their families. We work in collaboration with the Public and Private Medical fraternity. Lambano seeks to appoint a Case/Liaison Coordinator, based in Germiston, Gauteng. Start Date 06 January 2020.
Job Title: Case/Liaison Coordinator
Location: Germiston, Gauteng
Start Date: 06 January 2020
- Diploma/Degree in Nursing
- Registered with the South African Nursing Council as a Registered Nurse
- ICD10 and CPT coding experience.
- Valid Driver’s Licence –Valid driver’s licence with acceptable driving record.
- Ability to drive different company vehicles and a driving record that demonstrates safe driving practices.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of Medical Aid administration procedures and Hospital Case
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations regarding medical aid schemes is required
- Knowledge of patient administration systems, policies and procedures will be an advantage
- Knowledge of hospital billing and tariffs
- Existing relationships with Hospitals and Medical Aids an advantage.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Medical report writing skills
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong partnerships
- Excellent negotiation skills and the ability to interact with tact diplomacy
- Independent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to function well in a team
- Good accuracy and attention to detail skills to maintain high standards of work output
- Understands the inter-relationships between business processes
- Experience in a managed healthcare environment will be a strong recommendation
- Maintain a customer-focused mindset that acknowledges the value of the customer
- A wealth of knowledge regarding patient intake procedures
- Ability to market Lambano Sanctuary and bring in patients to the facility
- Negotiating Rates with Medical Aids Work Output:
- Carry out clinical coding in accordance with CPT and ICD requirements
- Ensure authorisation information is accurate and in accordance with hospital procedures
- Provide complete and accurate updates and discharge information of all accounts
- Keep patients and doctors informed
- Handle patient files in accordance with hospital procedures
- Timeous electronic submission of accounts and follow up on short payments arising from case management related issues
- Keep well informed on legislation pertaining to related care matters
- Visits relevant hospitals and doctors to speak about Lambano services
- Attend meetings with Hospitals relating to case management
- Initiate conversations with potential intake patients
- Facilitate conversations with medical aids on behalf of Lambano.
- Meet monthly targets of patient in-takes per month
- Follow up on billing from patients and medical Aid companies
- Strict in following up patients and meeting deadlines Competencies Required:
- Must show passion for working with under privileged children;
- Creative and innovative;
- Good organisational and time management skills;
- High stress tolerance with the ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team but also independently;
- Flexible; Adaptable; results oriented, goal achiever,
- Out-going personality Professional business acumen
Submit a CV, and a motivational letter, to [email protected] please put Case Manager” in the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted.
Application Deadline: Saturday, 23 November, 2019