Posted on :
3 Feb, 2023
3 Feb, 2023
At Lancet Laboratories (Electronic Laboratory Services Pty Ltd) we recognise that results are achieved through attracting, developing and retaining the best people. We support the attainment of equal opportunity progress, and believe that people are the spirit to us accomplishing our strategic goals.
A new and exciting opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of Senior IT Infrastructure Technician Level: 3 This position is based at Electronic Laboratory Services Pty Ltd in Richmond, Auckland Park (JHB Central).
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide Network Server and New System interface support for the Practice in South Africa and Africa ensuring all systems are functional and system users can all interface as per departmental and organisational requirements
Job Title: Senior IT Infrastructure Technician
Location: Richmond Auckland Park (JHB Central)
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Determine Organisational requirements by attending briefing sessions with Customers and Managers ensuring implementation of IT systems
• Investigate and evaluate various solutions in line with organisational requirements to ensure system effectiveness and optimum use of resources
• Optimising systems interface through recommendations to ensure IT equipment is in line with specific business needs
• Implement, install and commission selected systems to ensure optimal connectivity availability and utilization of IT systems
• Provide on-going support to customers on new systems to ensure customer satisfaction
• Complete and provide support with tasks escalated from Level 2 Technicians in line with departmental SOP’s ensuring quality and accreditation at all times
• Monitoring performance, troubleshooting and optimizing business critical I.T. Systems
• Working on and taking responsibility for new and ongoing I.T projects as well as documentation thereof within the business
• Adhere to the business and change control processes as well as relevant standard operating procedures
Desired Experience & Qualification:
Minimum 5-8 years
CCNA Certification Advantageous
Relevant Job knowledge/Special Requirements:
Microsoft Azure/M365 Certifications.
Hyper-V and VMWare experience
FortiGate Firewall experience Adv.
Experience in Exchange 2013/2016/2019/MS Exchange Online Adv.
Experience in Active Directory Domain Services and AAD
Microsoft Teams and SharePoint Admin experience
Backups (Commvolt) experience
Basic telephony (Asterisk) experience
Package & Remuneration:
Negotiable, depending on expereince and qualifications.