Posted on :
20 Feb, 2023
20 Feb, 2023
At Lancet Laboratories (Electronic Laboratory Services Pty Ltd) we recognise that results are achieved through attracting, developing and retaining the best people. We support the attainment of equal opportunity progress, and believe that people are the spirit to us accomplishing our strategic goals.
A new and exciting opportunity has presented itself to appoint a suitably qualified candidate into the position of IT Service Desk Intern. This position is based at Electronic Laboratory Services Pty Ltd in Richmond, Auckland Park (JHB Central).
POSITION SUMMARY: A Service Desk Intern is a student employee that assists the Service Desk Team provide quality technology support under the direct supervision of a senior Desktop Support Engineer or Service Desk Engineer. Provides desktop support for the Practice ensuring all system users equipment is functional as per departmental and organisational requirements.
Job Title: IT Service Desk Intern (Electronic Laboratory Services Pty Ltd)
Location: Richmond Auckland Park (JHB Central)
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Checks all allocated tasks to determine workflow for the day
• Executes tasks in order of importance as indicated by supervisor
• Captures progress and completion report so that supervisor can update status to management
• Provides basic instruction on usage of hardware and software to system users
• Continuously checks for new tasks on Meditech and assess level of attention required for attending to new tasks.
• Prioritises new tasks logged based on urgency and level of attention and allocate and route resources to ensure appropriate attention and optimal use of resources.
• Follows-up on existing and outstanding tasks to ensure successful completion and upon completion signing off on system.
• Accept technical support emails and calls to the IT Department and log.
• Forward technical support issues that cannot be addressed by the Service Desk to the appropriate
• Troubleshoot and resolve end-user hardware, operating system, and software-related problems, basic network and server access problems for end-users, issues with WAN, VLAN, firewall, VPN, etc. Remotely from the service desk.
• Assists the Service desk team to deliver technology support, deployment of new equipment, software installations, collecting of the equipment, inventory, and printer issues.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
Relevant IT Certificate or studying towards an IT qualification
1-2 years relevant experience
Package & Remuneration: