LandNNES is the Land Network National Engagement Strategy in South Africa. LandNNES was launched by civil society stakeholders in 2018, following the establishment of a national Multi Stakeholder Platform (MSP) for People-Centred Land Governance in 2017. It operates as a consultative civil society platform which brings together members with a common medium-long term perspective to create a force that increases possibilities for People Centered Land Governance.
The Network is focussed on policy level advocacy through a strategy of Connecting, Mobilising and Engaging. The strategic goal of the LandNNES South Africa is to realise equitable, inclusive and participatory land governance, effective land administration and agrarian transformation that enhance women’s rights to live on and use land.
Job Title: Workshop Support Administrative Consultant
Location: Pietermaritzburg, LandNNES
WORKSHOP SUPPORT ADMINISTRATIVE CONSULTANT
Through LandNNES, civil society is able to effectively engage public and private land governance stakeholders in a national multi-stakeholder platform (MSP). The establishment of a national multi-stakeholder platform, accelerates the likelihood of results, increases efficiency and efficacy of action, and provides a constructive space for action where diverse perspectives can be coordinated. This National Engagement Strategy approach is supported by the International Land Coalition (ILC) who have assisted civil society to launch the LandNNES. The ILC is a global alliance of over 200 civil society and intergovernmental organisations working together to put people at the centre of land governance. Over the past decades, the ILC has advanced its mission by promoting secure access to land for rural people through capacity building, dialogue, and advocacy.
LandNESS requires a Workshop Support Administrative Consultant who will have the following responsibilities:
- Maintain and update LandNNES membership forms;
- Ensure that all staff and members adhere to the administrative and good governance requirements of the fiscal host and to LandNNES’ administration guidelines;
- Ensure that all member and Multi-stakeholder Platform (MSP) invitation lists and databases are up to date and maintained;
- Send invitations to members and MSP invitees as and when required and ensure responses have been obtained;
- Organise quotes and travel, accommodation or data logistics for meetings and workshops, including the Multi-stakeholder Platform dialogues, the LandNNES membership lekgotlas, the LandNNES Steering Committee meetings;
- Prepare attendance registers, in line with the host and funder requirements for information, and ensure they are signed and filed for future reference;
- Minute meetings of members, the Steering Committee or any other meeting relevant for fulfilling LandNNES’ goals accurately and timeously, ensure participants receive the minutes and file minutes for future reference, including where relevant organising that they are stored on the LandNNES website;
- Ensure meeting participants all receive any relevant meeting documents prior to and in good time for the meeting;
- Keep LandNNES members, Working Groups and Steering Committee informed of any administrative or meeting issues via WhatsApp groups;
- Work closely with the Communications, Media and Website consultant to update and maintain LandNNES’ WhatsApp groups;
- Requisition payments for LandNNES consultants, service providers or any other expenditure in accurate compliance with the fiscal hosts financial administrative procedures;
- Keep excellent online records of all events, meetings, reports, contracts, and all other information required for reporting to funders on a regular basis;
- Assist with supply information and statistics fromm records into reporting documents when requested;
- Report to the Internal LandNNES facilitator but work in close collaboration with the External LandNNES facilitator.
The Workshop Support Administrative Consultant must meet the following criteria:
- At least five years’ experience in administration
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- Be located in Pietermaritzburg, where the fiscal host (AFRA) is currently located
Preference will be given to youth, women and Employment Equity (EE) candidates, especially existing LandNESS members.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 28th August 2020