LEAP Science and Maths School is a large national NGO managing and developing a network of six schools across South Africa serving six township/rural communities.
Job Title: NGO professional
Location: Cape Town
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Fundraiser will help secure ongoing funding and support to ensure the sustainability of LEAP into the future. The key role of the Fundraiser will be to develop and implement strategies and action plans to increase the funding income of LEAP through a range of initiatives and through acquisition and retention of 1sponsors and supporters.
The Fundraiser will be responsible for:
- Securing private financial support from potential donors committed to the mission of LEAP.
- Positioning LEAP as an expert organisation resulting in recognition of our services, teaching and learning.
- Communicating key messages to all affected and interested stakeholders by telling honest and authentic stories about the impact and successes of our work.
- Coordinating the online presence of LEAP on all relevant social media platforms.
- Working within the LEAP Business Development Unit, creating synergy with the Finance Team.
- Providing quality Prospect research, data and data analysis services to enable support for LEAP’s fundraising goals.
- Ensuring a well-defined Prospect management system is in place, complete with detailed research profiles and background briefs provided in support of donor meetings.
- Developing stories through media production that create emotional connections with diverse audiences.
- Identifying appropriate channels for both online and print media, including planning and implementing strategic marketing events.
- Advocating for change in policy and legislation affecting organisational purpose and the sector in general
- Identifying areas where LEAP can lead national conversations on education and developing professionally designed publicity materials to build the unique brand of LEAP
The Fundraiser must meet the following criteria:
- Proven experience of setting, managing, and delivering on funding targets
- Substantial experience in fundraising and working in the NGO sector. Must have real passion for community development.
- Skills in proposal writing, face-to face communication, and written report-writing communication.
- Good knowledge of traditional and non-traditional fundraising models.
- Proven experience in raising significant funds
- Experience in working with; and developing a strategy for Alumni relations
- Helping to raise fundraising targets in excess of R20 million
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday 24th April 2020