Learn to Earn is a Christian ministry that has as its mission to develop people, especially unemployed people, socially, economically, emotionally and spiritually. The vision is ‘to eradicate unemployment and other legacies of injustice in South Africa and Africa.
Through providing a programme that recognizes human dignity and the human right to live a meaningful life, they aim to assist individuals to regain their self-respect. They do this by empowering them to provide for themselves and for their families. Training interventions provided by Learn to Earn are circumstantial, practical and market related. What is innovative about Learn to Earn is the methodology and ethos behind its training interventions.
Job Title: Fundraising Administrator
Location: Head Office in Claremont Cape Town
The purpose of the position is to provide sound administration support to assist with the development and growth of the income stream for the organisation, primarily through financial donations, in addition to pro bono services and material/goods donations. To work on researching funding opportunities, dealing with reporting administration requirements and managing funding cycles.
Remuneration to be discussed.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the administration regarding maintaining the existing donor base and existing reporting structures.
- Researching new funding opportunities with local, regional and international corporations/trusts.
- Administer funding proposals.
- Be involved in special events for fundraising, including but not limited to, Quiz Nights and Dinners.
- Researching cause-related marketing opportunities and B-BBEE opportunities.
- Submit the annual NPO report and contribute to the development of LtE’s annual report.
- To work closely with the LtE Director in establishing additional revenue streams.
- Sending of thank you letters/receipts/Tax Certificates and BEE documentation to donors and partners.
- Pipeline management using Salesforce: tracking proposals sent, reviewed, accepted or declined.
Requirements: (In addition to Personal Qualities listed below)
- Minimum of three years experience working in the non-profit sector;
- Ability to work to deadlines, and achieve agreed income targets;
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills;
- Sales experience will be an advantage.
- Ability to work as part of a team;
- Scheduling and conducting site visits and tours for present and potential supporters
- Excellent computer skills, particularly MS Office, and CRM tools preferably Salesforce.
- Must possess a current driving licence and own vehicle, and be prepared to travel locally.
- To endorse and promote the philosophy of ministry of LtE, likewise to promote and endorse the code of conduct of LtE.
- Is a committed Christian with a sound understanding of holistic human development from a Christian perspective
- Member/regular attendance of a local evangelical church
- Ability to make things happen (self-motivated)
- Detail oriented
- Good networking skills
- Well-organised and structured
- Good communicator written and verbally and comfortable with public speaking
- Knows how to communicate inter-culturally
- Calm under pressure
- Personal characteristics of determination and perseverance, perceptive and creative
Applying for this position, please email a full CV, references (including a letter from your Pastor) and covering letter to [email protected].
Application Deadline: Wednesday, 14 August, 2019