Posted on :
5 Aug, 2015
Lake Shared Services is looking to recruit a Learnership – Finance – Creditors Clerk to work in Linbro Park.
The Lake Group is a diversified manufacturer and distributor of products, delivery systems and services to South African and international markets. The Group comprises two divisions namely Lake Foods and Experse. The Lake Foods division provides food ingredients and value-added blends, the Experse division provides surfactants for the explosives and fertilizer industries and chemical raw materials for local manufacturers.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assisting with maintaining Vendor files and ensure that any movements on “standing data” are appropriately authorized by the Financial Accountant / Manager.
• Assisting in maintaining an accurate and up to date Accounts Payable system on which valid Linbro Park Vendor payments can be drawn, which includes:
– Assistance in maintaining the Creditors Master Data.
– Adding new suppliers to Syspro.
• Supplier BBBEE Rating Certificates are filed together with copy “Credit Application Forms”.
• Capture of Vendor invoices into the Syspro Accounts Payable system in a timeous and accurate manner.
• Verify quantities and amounts charged on invoices to that on the goods received note.
• Complete EFT requisitions accurately and timeously each month with adequate supporting documentation to substantiate each payment.
• Assisting in managing the monthly Creditors Age Analysis and review long outstanding items.
• Ensure that vendors are paid within the agreed terms.
• Assisting in managing the “Open Purchase Order” listing and the GRN Trial Balance and follow up with Vendor(s) on all missing documentation, including credit notes and satisfactory resolving ALL necessary queries.
• Assisting in maintaining the recipient folders on the FNB system and ensure that all recipients loaded have the necessary documentation (per internal audit) to be loaded as a recipient.
• Assisting in compiling an accruals listing at month end for expenses not raised during the month.
• Assisting in furnishing Suppliers with Remittance Advices as and when required.
• Assisting with the processing of Expense claims.
• Maintain good housekeeping and filing.
• Compliance with the company’s Policy and Procedure manual – “Framework of Approvals”.
• Compliance with the AECI’s Internal Audit Policies and recommendations.
• Ensure that tax invoices received comply with the SARS VAT rulings for claiming input VAT.
Qualifications & Experience
• Grade 12 with exceptional grades, with Mathematics and Accounting, with or without work experience.
• An aptitude for figures
• Age Group 18 to 25
• Basic computer literacy would be an advantage.
• Good communication skills.
• Team Work.
• Planning and organizing.
• Attention to detail.
How to Apply
Close Date: 2015/08/17