Posted on :
2 Mar, 2018
2 Mar, 2018
PUTCO was founded in 1945 and is South Africa’s oldest and largest bus company transporting more than 350 000 passengers per day. The company operates in Gauteng, Mpumalanga, and Limpopo. PUTCO operates a fleet of about 1 800 buses, has over 2 000 drivers of which more than 50 are women. PUTCO travels about 90 million kilometers a year and carries more than 70 million passengers a year.
PUTCO is continuously working on improving the quality of service and instilling a customer-centric approach to service provision. We will work closely with all role players including the government in finding lasting solutions to transport challenges.
Putco in collaboration with the transport education and training authority offers 40 x learnership opportunities towards the national certificate in professional driving based at Larimar Training Academy: Linbro Park
Please note that preference will be given to females
Candidates must have:
• Minimum Grade 12 (Std. 10) or equivalent qualification
• Valid driver’s license (code EC; C an EC1 OA) (NOT CI or EC I )
• Valid PrDP (Public Driver’s Permit)
• Good health
• A willingness to pursue a career as a professional driver in the Road Passenger Transport Industry
Conditions of employment will Include:
As per sectoral determination No.5 Learnership
• A 12-month learnership contract
• A learner allowance payable for the duration of the contract.
• 15 days annual leave Persons who are currently not employed, who are younger than 35 and who meet the above criteria are invited to forward their applications (CV and copy of their ID document and drivers’ license) to.
Closing date: 30 March 2018.
Only successful candidates.