Applicants should be residing in the area they are applying for namely Northern Cape and Western Cape. It is important to have proof of residents which MUST accompany the application!
POSITIONS ADVERTISED PER AREA:
- De Aar
- Beaufort West
Should more applicants per area meet the minimum requirement the fitness result would be considered to determine the successful applicant.
Please note that due to the fast amount of applications received Transnet would not be in a possession to respond to telephonic enquiries regarding your application.
Applicants may not apply for learner ships in more than one area; you may only apply in the area you are residing.
Application received for multiple areas will be disqualified.
NB: PLEASE NOTE THAT PREFERRENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO CANDIDATES RESIDING IN THE ABOVE MENTIONED AREAS; HOWEVER THE ADVERT IS OPEN TO ALL.
Position outputs :
- To undergo a SASSETA Skills Programme 1 and 2 and be confirmed as a competent Patrol Security Officer and Access Control after 09 weeks of Skills Programme 1 & 2
Qualifications & Experience :
- Unless the applicant can demonstrate that he/she has gained the necessary competencies through extensive experience, a Grade 12 certificate is required #Must pass the Fitness Evaluation
- Must be medically fit and pass Medical Examination and Psychometrical test
- No Criminal record #Must be a South African Citizen
- Experience in the SANDF, the SAPS, Correctional Services, other Police Services and the Private Security Industry environment will be an added advantage
- Transnet School of Security offers a Nine (09) weeks Learnership in SASSETA Skills Programme 1 & 2
Fitness selection Criteria
Fitness evaluation: Male
- 2.4 km run under 12 min
- 2 minutes to complete as many push ups as possible (min 40)
- 2 minutes to complete as many sit ups as possible (min 55)
- 10 shuttle runs in less than 60 seconds (lines are 22 metres apart)
- 4 km walk in less than 30 minutes
Fitness evaluation: Female
- 2.4 km run under 14:30 min
- 2 minutes to complete as many push ups as possible (min required 34)
- 2 minutes to complete as many sit ups as possible (min required 31)
- 10 shuttle runs in less than 70 seconds (lines are 22 metres apart)
- 4 km walk in less than 35 minutes
Closing date is on 02.06.2015.
Click Here to Transnet Learnership
Click Here to Transnet Job Search