The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is a statutory body established in terms of the Pension Funds Act, 24 of 1956 to investigate complaints referred to it in terms of the Act. The OPFA is based in Ashlea Gardens in Pretoria.
The OPFA seeks to appoint a Legal Intern to investigate and resolve complaints.
The individual will be exposed to the following areas:
- Attend to walk in complaints in lodging new complaints
- Draft and send initial letters to the parties.
- Draft and send reply/follow-up letters.
- Ensure documents are sent to the correct parties.
- Receive responses and replies as well as saving them on Software system (Respond).
- Engage and Investigation of complaints as well as drafting of determinations in terms of the work flow.
- Engage with parties to a complaint in relation to the administrative aspects of the file/investigation.
- Prepare draft letters based on research and direction given by the Team Leader.
- Request for reply letters from complainant.
- Request confirmation of settlement from the parties.
- Peruse responses from parties and advice the team leader if further information is required
- Follow up on undertakings to respond.
- Request all necessary investigation reports.
- Keep record of all files allocated to them.
- Keep all correspondence relating to a complaint together including telephone calls, emails, etc.
- Submit weekly and monthly statistics to the team leader.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary Qualifications
- LLB degree
- Certificate in Pension Funds law (Added advantage)
- Practical Legal Training (Added) Advantage
- No experience required
- Computer Literacy (MS Word, Excel, Ms Outlook)
- Communication skills
- Listening skills (verbal and written)
- Planning and organising
- Ability to analyse, interpret, solve problems and making of legal arguments to reach a conclusion.
- Good writing skills with the ability to express complex concepts.
- Ability to make investigative decisions in the resolution of complaints.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons should apply in writing by submitting their curriculum vitae to [email protected] and for further enquiries contact Kurhula Masinge on 012 784 4081 or send via email to [email protected]
Closing date for applications is Friday, 3 March 2017
Click Here to VIEW CAREER PAGE