The Gay & Lesbian Network ensures optimum commitment and services for the upliftment and recognition of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered and Intersex (LGBTI) community in KwaZulu-Natal through creative programmes that foster Equality, Respect and Acceptance.
Job Title: Enrolled Nurse
Location: Port Shepstone, KwaZulu-Natal.
Employment Type: 6 months Contract Opportunity
Report to: Professional Nurse or Site Coordinator
Start Date: 16 October 2020
Salary: Market Related
They will be primarily responsible for the supervision of the Outreach component of the Community WellBeing Programme (i.e. HCT, Peer Educators, Lay Counsellors, Quality Assurance, Adherence Clubs) and providing acute and preventative nursing care.
- Ensure evidence of appropriate service provision is documented.
- Ensure ongoing performance monitoring and mentoring/coaching (Within the scope of practice) to ensure Peer Educators/Lay Counsellors are competent to perform their duties.
- Identify peer educational needs and report these to the project co-ordinator/M&E officer for inclusion in training programme.
- Provide input into annual performance appraisals for Peer Educators/Lay Counsellors.
- Attend and provide input into meetings as required.
- Promote the use of DoH policies and procedural guidelines by all Peer Educators/Lay Counsellors.
- Ensure open disclosure-based communication with communities and families in relation to events relevance to them.
- Promote and participate in the implementation of policies, procedures and related documentation.
- Manage stock or resources in accordance with immediate need in a cost effective and efficient manner.
- Assist in development of quality assurance initiatives.
- Ensure that accidents/incidents to any person on site are treated appropriately, immediately And recorded (including action taken).
- Ensure duties are performed in accordance with job descriptions and support implementation of current best practice.
- Provide HCT and oversee HISSS (HIV Self Screening and Testing).
- Ensure the provision provision of HCT on the go in accordance with DoH policies and procedures.
Interested candidates to please submit a brief cv and supporting documents to [email protected], and at least (2) traceable references by.
Application Deadline: Friday, 16 October, 2020