Posted on :
4 Oct, 2021
4 Oct, 2021
The incumbent will be responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the first and second line of defence; performing independent assurance activities (testing and on-going monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
Job Title: Group Credit Control & Assurance Manager
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Reference #: LHLROCR08
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Market Related
This is a Group role and the successful candidate may be based in any of our 11 offices across Africa.
1. Supports and enhances the Credit Risk Management Programme, policy and documentation requirements including: Risk Identification, Risk Appetite, supporting metrics, trend analyses and Lessons Learned initiatives.
2. Develops and monitors fraud strategies, tools, processes, models and ensures that they deliver superior fraud detection while balancing approval rate and product P&L impacts.
3. Supports and enhances Credit Risk Management programmes
4. Manages and supports projects and other critical Credit risk management initiatives
5. Ensures a proactive approach to risk identification and mitigation activities, provide timely communication / escalation of monitoring results and oversee its successful execution
6. Ensures compliance with internal policies, standards, procedures and regulatory requirements
7. Develops, maintains and reports on key metrics, risk and control indicators, triggers, breaches, trends and ensure control documentation adheres to strict policy and governance requirements
8. Builds strong internal relationships, help strengthen controls awareness across Letshego
9. Partners with vendors and Product team effectively managing the fraud controls for new-account application based on ROI
10. Ensures that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Risk Management Framework and internal Letshego Policies and Policy Standards
11. Develops, implements, monitors and provides performance tracking of fraud strategies and fraud prevention tools and processes.
12. Conducts ongoing analysis to identify root cause of fraud trends and propose potential solutions
•Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, Economics or other quantitative, business or technical discipline.
•Master’s in Business Administration would be an added advantage
•At least 10 years’ experience in Risk Management within Financial Services with a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a management level preferably with a credit union or other financial institution
•5+ years of advanced analytics work experience preferably in Financial Services industry
•Quality Assurance (QA) Management experience
•Be a strong leader with experience in implementing and shaping the company’s QA processes and strategies.
•Have strong technical skills, both functional and non-functional, manual and automation, ideally in a continuous AGILE environment.
•Strong communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QA vision is understood and implemented correctly.
•Be an advocate of Quality Assurance, Continuous Improvement and industry recognized Best Practices.
•Excellent knowledge of Risk Management, Risk Identification and Risked Based Testing.
•Experience managing testing departments or testing functions, managing large and complex activities and processes.
•Direct experience within Credit Risk Analytics, Stress Testing and Credit Risk functions
•Previous experience with managing fraud application risk at another financial institution is a plus
•Audit Experience is an added advantage
Application Deadline: 12/10/2021