Posted on :
13 Mar, 2017
13 Mar, 2017
The LGSETA invites students who are interested in joining the local government sector to apply for our bursary opportunity.
In response to the national “#FeesMustFall” campaign experienced at Higher Education Institutions across the country during 2015, the Local Government Sector Education and Training Authority (LGSETA) embarked on a bursary scheme in line with the Annual Bursary targets agreed with the Department of Higher Education and Training, and in line with the LGSETA policy to assist students by funding their studies.
NOTES AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETION
Read these notes carefully before completing the application form.
Make sure that you read every section and that the information you provide is accurate.
1. Please complete application the online link: www.lgsetawsponline.org.za/LPD.
2. INCOMPLETE FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED (this includes forms with missing documents).
3. The LGSETA does not take responsibility and will not be held liable for any forms which were undelivered or missing.
4. Students who are granted a bursary from another organisation/institution are obliged to inform the LGSETA.
In the case that a student is granted a bursary from another organisation/institution the LGSETA has the right to withdraw funding awarded.
5. The LGSETA bursary is an annual award, therefore students will be required to re-apply annually.
6. Non-South African students will not be considered.
7. It must be a full qualification that is accredited on the NQF/NCV/N Levels and must be a year or over programme.
8. The student must be enrolled at a public institution.
9. The student must be within the youth age group (18-35 years).
10. The student must be unemployed.
Documents to be submitted:
1. Certified copy of your ID Document.
2. If you are in your first year at an institution, include a certified copy of your Grade 12 results, and continuing students must include previous year academic results.
3. Attach highest grade and qualification achieved including results.
4. Attach proof of registration
5. Fee structure (Quotation, Account statement or invoice from the institution), books and residence costs.
6. Proof of Income/ Affidavit (for unemployed), and certified ID copies of parent/guardian.
The LGSETA will only fund a course which falls within the scarce and critical skills areas in local government.
In making the final selection, first preference will be given to:
– Previously Disadvantaged Individuals
– People with Disabilities
Bursaries are available to students who are registered with any of the Public Universities, Universities of Technology and TVET Colleges in South Africa.
The bursary will cover the cost of registration, tuition, books and residence fees for up to the maximum amount of R 50 000 per annum.
How to apply
Applications can be submitted on the LGSETA Bursary Portal – www.lgsetawsponline.org.za/LPD
There is a limited number of bursaries available and should you not have received any correspondence from LGSETA within 30 days from the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
The closing date for applications is 15 March 2017