LifeLine Ekurhuleni is a leading provider of personal skills development and the promotion of emotional wellness for the healing and transformation of individuals and communities in Ekurhuleni.
As a community-based, civil society organisation, whose core counselling and victim empowerment services are provided by volunteers, LifeLine involves the community at large and its resources to achieve its objectives.
Job Title: Intermediary
Location: Benoni, Gauteng
The purpose of the incumbent is to ensure that child and mentally-challenged adult victims and witnesses of abuse and violence, as well as their families, are supported through and post legal processes.
- Providing Intermediary services to Courts throughout Ekurhuleni
- Following up and supporting child and mentally-challenged adult victims and their families post-Court cases
- Facilitating awareness and educational programmes around issues underlying child abuse and violence
- Providing lay counselling to distressed and traumatized individuals
- As per the Criminal Procedures Act (Act 51 of 1977), the following persons may apply:
- Registered educators with 4 years of service experience
- Registered Social Workers with 2 years of experience in the Social Work field
- Registered Child Care Workers with a 3-year qualification and 3 years’ experience in child or youth care
- Registered clinical, educational or counselling psychologists
- Registered medical practitioners, with psychiatry as a specialist
- Knowledge of child development and the relevant legislation;
- A valid Code 8 or 10 driver’s license;
- Fluency in English and at least two other South African languages;
- Proficiency in the use of computers for spreadsheets, reporting, email and internet;
- Strong, persuasive written and oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines;
- Self-motivated and a team player
- A flexible approach to working hours and duties
Submit a CV, contact details of three referees and motivation letter to [email protected].