LifeLine Pretoria is a vibrant NGO who work with emotional wellness in communities. LifeLine Pretoria provides a confidential crisis intervention service available at no cost to all communities.They offer a wide range of counselling services throughout the Greater Tshwane Metropolitan area.
Job Tite: Director
Location Deadline: Pretoria
Employment Type: fixed-term contract for a period of two years.
- Providing operational management to LifeLine Pretoria, including outreach centres, by developing, guiding, and supervising the implementation of the work of the organisation
- Ensuring that the LifeLine Pretoria Constitution, policies, chain of command, and procedures are upheld
- Providing leadership and strategic management to the organisation
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating the impact of LifeLine Pretoria’s work to ensure that it remains relevant and effective
- Helping to identify, recruit, nurture, and retain LifeLine staff and volunteers
- Building great teams to discharge the mandate of LifeLine Pretoria
- Supervising the work and output of staff and volunteers
- Conducting financial management and ensuring adequate resource mobilisation
- Ensuring financial sustainability by generating income through:
- Soliciting corporate and individual donations
- Writing and submitting funding proposals
- Ensuring the implementation of fundraising
- Identifying potential funding streams
- Developing partnerships and representing LifeLine Pretoria in engagements with critical stakeholders, including government departments, civil society, the business sector, the diplomatic community, donors, the media, and national and regional LifeLine governance structures
- Representing LifeLine Pretoria at a national level
- Fulfilling reporting functions to the Board, LifeLine National, funders, and other relevant requirements
- 3–5 years’ work experience, preferably in the NGO/NPO sector
- Tertiary education preferable, in social work, psychology, development studies, business, or a related field
- A deep understanding of mental and emotional health challenges faced in communities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage programmes
- Demonstrable competence in writing funding proposals and coordinating fundraising
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills for proposal and report writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required; Fluency in additional South African languages is an advantage
- Proven ability in team building, leadership, and management
- Strong social, interpersonal, and motivational skills
- Good networking skills to build partnerships
- The ability to manage conflicting demands and to meet deadlines
- The capacity to adapt to changing priorities and needs
- Valid drivers’ license
Submit the following documents:
- CV (maximum 3 pages)
- Covering letter (specifying available start date for the position and salary expectations)
- 3 contactable referees
- Most recent payslip
- A 350–500 word funding motivation, using the following guidelines:
- An embassy has put out an advert for NPOs to apply for funding.
- Write a motivation for a project at LifeLine Pretoria, specifying why they should choose to grant the funding to LifeLine Pretoria over another organisation.
The full job description will be distributed to shortlisted candidates.
If you have a passion for people and their wellbeing…. this is the job for you!!
Submit your application to [email protected]
Application Deadline: Monday, 9 March, 2020