Lily of the Valley provides holistic care for children and youth who have been marginalised through HIV and AIDS and a broken society.
Job Title: Caregiver Supervisor
Salary: R6 700 per month, negotiable, free accommodation and utilities and own food and beading.
The purpose of the Caregiver Supervisor is to develop CYCW staff, ensure that caregivers provide the highest possible level of care, including consistent emotional and physical nurture suitable to the developmental needs of each child. The caregiver supervisor will provide training, instruction, and coaching to the caregivers to equip them to improve their work performance, and will take proactive steps to promote adherence to Lily policies and to appropriate CYCC standards as defined in the Children’s Act.
Supervision of Caregivers
- Monitor the work performance of CYCW’s to ensure that children receive appropriate, attentive, nurturing care at all times that affirms the child’s value and fosters healing and healthy development
- Offer constructive criticism, feedback, suggestions, and praise as appropriate. Communicate the crucial role that CYCW’s play in the healing and development of vulnerable children, in order that CYCW staff will be inspired by the importance and value of their work and develop professional pride and a desire to excel
- Improved care of children by caregivers, and improved professionalism and morale
Provide CYCW training and development
- Equip CYCW staff with formal training and individual coaching to develop their skills and understanding of caring for children and youth who have suffered trauma, abuse and separation, drawing from your own training and experience, and from outside resources
- CYCW’s become more knowledgeable and empowered in their role as caregivers, and children receive improved care and supervision.
Produce regular performance reviews and individual development plans
- Asses each CYCW, noting areas of strength and weakness, and write an individual development plan based on the assessment. Track progress semiannually, or more often as needed.
- Recognise and celebrate goals reached, and take corrective action when goals are not met, including referrals to the HR Manager for disciplinary action in instances were a good faith effort is not evidenced
- Improved CYCW performance in fulfilling their responsibilities, and a more competent CYCW work group with fewer underperforming caregivers, and improved care and supervision of the children
Liaise between CYCW staff and other Lily staff
- Listen and understand the needs and concerns of the CYCW staff, and express these to management and the other Lily staff through established channels in order to increase understanding, cooperation, and unity within the organisation
- Improved efficiencies and communication between work groups, and a higher standard of care for the children
- Matric, plus diploma or certification in Child and Youth Care Work
- Minimum seven years experience in Child and Youth Care Work, including CYCC experience, after obtaining required certification
- Supervisory experience, direct supervision of Child and Youth Care Workers preferred
- Confirmation of current SACSSP registration required
- Strong organisational and administrative skills
- Communication, interpersonal relationship and problem solving skills
- ability to plan and implement training and incentive programs
- Ability to set measurable standards and goals; and to ensure compliance with those standards and goals
- Must have a working knowledge of the Children’s Act, and a thorough understanding of the developmental needs of children and youth
- Fluency in isiZulu, and competency in English are required
- Must be a female, age between 40 to 50 years
To apply, submit CV to [email protected]/[email protected]
Application Deadline: 31st August, 2018