Department of Agriculture Limpopo Bursaries 2013
The Limpopo Department of Agriculture is committed to support tertiary education in the Agricultural sector by offering bursary opportunities to first and continuing students. The Department is offering a limited number of bursaries for the 2013 academic year in the following fields of Agriculture:
- BSc: Agricultural Engineering
- BSc: Aquaculture
- BSc: Veterinary Medicine
- NDip: Mechanical Engineering
- NDip: Electrical Engineering.
What the Bursary Offers
The bursary will cover registration ● tuition ● accommodation and meals ● prescribed books and monthly allowances
Cost That the Bursary Excludes:
Private accommodation ● extramural activities ● insurance ● funeral ● stationery and a computer/laptop
Bursaries are limited to full-time study of Agriculture related fields at accredited universities and universities of Technology in South Africa.
- The bursar must not be a holder of any other bursary
- Previous years’ outstanding debts will not be covered by the bursary and
- The applicant should be registered or is eligible for registration at an accredited tertiary institution.
- Letter of acceptance from the university or university of Technology for matriculants
- Academic pass in grade 12 with Mathematics and Science both at 60% or higher
- No bursaries will be granted to existing students who are not promoted to the next year of study and have failed more than half of the modules
- Applicants from designated groups will be given first preference
- South African citizens will be given first preference and
- Females and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of proof of income from guardian/parents
- Letter of admission from tertiary institution
- Full academic history or students already at University or University of Technology
- Grade 12’s final results for matriculants
- Proof of residence and
- Academic performance.
How to Apply
Download Application Form
Interested qualifying students should submit completed application forms and supporting documents to:
The Head of Department: Department of Agriculture
69 Biccard Street
Private Bag X9487
- Applicants should note that correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted applicants only.
- Applicants should further note that if they do not receive any correspondence 60 days after the closing date, it implies that their application has been unsuccessful.
Enquiries for Different Districts
|Ms. Mokgadi Makgoba
||015 294 3308
|Ms. Nyawa Ramugondo
||015 294 3132
|Ms. Matjatji Masilo
||015 294 3134
|Mr. Matthews Maserame
||015 632 5524
|Mr. Clifford Hlungwane
||015 812 3210
|Ms. Dorcas Kgopa
||015 632 4145
|Mr. Enos Maluleke
||015 963 2005
|Ms. Rose Mahlaule
||014 717 2325