Posted on :
26 May, 2016
26 May, 2016
Duties will include but are not limited to:
• The effective provisioning, installation, configuration, operation and maintenance of systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
• Control and verify system backups and file archiving, ensuring all required file systems and data are successfully backed up to appropriate media, media is stored, and recycled.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
• Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
• Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
• Train, guide and advice users in the appropriate and efficient use of the IT infrastructure.
• Undertake other duties not specifically stated which from time to time are necessary without altering the nature or level of responsibility.
System Administrator: Linux
Department: Electronics and Information Technology
The successful candidate will work within the System Support division and would be responsible for the Linux server environment. Supporting open source applications at the LAB in terms of support, scheduled maintenance, systems integration planning and deployment.
Skills and Attributes
• Works well as part of a team.
• Resourceful in delivering workable solutions.
• Meticulous in the execution of duties and adhering to procedures.
• Good time management and documentation skills.
• Ability to provide technical leadership and mentorship.
• Should have a B-degree, Diploma, or appropriate Certification.
• At least four (4) years’ experience administering Linux Systems.
• In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP Suite including (DNS, SMTP, SNMP, HTTP, etc.)
The Following experience would be an advantage:
• RedHat Linux/ CentOS/ Debian/ FreeBSD.
• Virtualization (KVM/OpenStack).
• Monitoring Systems (Nagios/ Zabbix/ Cacti etc.).
• Orchestration and Provisioning ( Puppet/ Chef/ Foreman/ Spacewalk)
• Databases (MySQL/ MySQL cluster/ Replication/ Cassandra/ PostgreSQL).
• Internet Services (BIND/ Exim/ RADIUS etc.).
• Firewalls and load balancing.
• Filesystems and network access (NFS/ iSCSI/ FCoE/ Ceph/ AFS).
• Web/Application servers (Tomcat/ Apache).
• Scripting (sh/ Perl/ Bash/ Python/ Ruby/ Rails).
• Networking (Ethernet/ IPv4/ LAN/ WAN/ routing protocols).
Suitable for people with a disability
Company Location: Somerset West
Call us:011 028 9979
Application Closing Date:Friday, May 27, 2016
R300 000 – R500 000 per annum
HOW TO APPLY
Send CV to: