Well established non-profit organisation in Edenvale is seeking to appoint an experienced Business Development Manager with seven years management experience who is able to contribute to the growth and strategic development of the organisation into the future. This is a crucial role within the organisation and reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Job Title: Business Development / Fundraising Manager NGO
Location: Edenvale, Johannesburg
Reporting To: Chief Executive Officer
Employment Contract: Permanent
Salary: NGO Market related
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:-
- Business Development in order to drive revenue growth
- Fulfilling the role of senior member on the management team and providing a high level of business expertise in the management meetings
- Strategy development, implementation and review
- Management of the Development, Public Relations and Communications, Events Co-Ordinator and Administration departments
- Ensuring team members establish productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders
- Developing and implementing relationship building / fundraising programmes in order to identify new donors and to create a high level of donor/partner retention
- Developing networks within the corporate, non-profit sector and government for the benefit of the organisation.
- Project management and reporting.
- Sound business background at a senior level
- Developing, implementing and reviewing the business strategy of the organisation
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of the South African fundraising environment and international experience would be beneficial.
- Firm understanding of and passion for the NPO environment
- Excellent administrative, budgetary and planning experience
- Marketing, communication, external relations, advocacy and leadership experience is necessary to ensure the success of a results-orientated development strategy
- An understanding of corporate social investment and donor dynamics (fundraising) is required
- Ability to establish networks in the business, government and non-profit sectors
- Ability to develop, coordinate and implement marketing plans designed to maintain and increase existing business and capture new opportunities
- Ability to set monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue targets for staff and measure their performance
SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
- High level strategist who is innovative in terms of the development of day-to-day to long term solutions
- Well-developed communication , interpersonal and relationship management skills
- A high command of English (excellent written and verbal communications skills is non-negotiable)
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to direct, guide and motivate a diverse team
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft software applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and to work under pressure.
- Responsible individual with a passion to succeed
- Strong networking skills
- Good public speaking and negotiation skills
- Must be flexible and adapt to a changing environment
- A bachelor’s degree in business management, administration, or a related field is required for this job. A MBA would be beneficial.
- At least seven years work experience in a senior level Business Development managing capacity is required.
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence
- Must be a South African citizen
- Appointment is subject to obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate and having a clear credit history
The organisation is committed to transformation and operates within the scope of the Employment Equity Act and related legislation. Preference will be given to candidates supporting the Equity and Economically Active Population targets.
CV’s to be submitted to [email protected]
Application Deadline: 9th March 2020