Little Eden Society, is a registered non-profit organisation providing life-long care to 300 children and adults with profound intellectual disability in two custom designed residential facilities – Domitilla and Danny Hyams Home in Edenvale, and Elvira Rota Village in Bapsfontein.
Job Title: Development Officer
Job Location: Edenvale
- Reports to the Business Development Manager
- Responsible for building relationships with new donors and maintaining and growing existing relationships
- Imperative to be able to achieve set predetermined fundraising targets
- Must have good networking and relationship building skills, excellent communication skills, is confident and outgoing, computer literate and has a good telephone manner.
- Competence in proposal and report writing is required.
- Ability to professionally interact with donors in person, electronically and telephonically is non-negotiable. Must be willing to visit donors.
- Deals extensively with corporate donors and encourages corporate donors to visit LITTLE EDEN.
- Is able to professionally produce and present presentations to audiences.
- Represents LITTLE EDEN at events as and when required.
- Assists the Business Development Manager with ad hoc fundraising initiatives.
- Is willing and able to work outside normal office hours (e.g. at evening functions, weekends etc), when required.
- Able to deal with all levels of persons.
- Ability to research details around existing and potential donors.
- Budget and financial understanding is essential.
- MS Office knowledge is required, specifically MS Word and at least intermediate Excel experience.
- Five years fundraising and proposal writing experience with a proven track record of funds raised is required.
The position is for full-time employment commencing January 2019. Candidates must have their own reliable transport and a valid drivers’ licence and the appropriate qualifications and experience.
Kindly forward your CV with at least two references to: [email protected] for the attention of Lisa Neilson by close of business on 7th December 2018. Full information and job description will
be provided on request. Little Eden reserves the right to close the vacancies before 7 December 2018.