Posted on :
25 Nov, 2013
25 Nov, 2013
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in management of transportation planning; a degree or diploma in Logistics will be an advantage
• Experience in transportation of refrigerated products will be an advantage
• Customer Service orientated individual
• Willingness to work long hours and under pressure
• An assertive, disciplined individual with strong communication (written and oral) skills
• Computer literacy with working knowledge of integrated transport and route optimisation management systems.
• Knowledge of BPCS will be an advantage
Duties & Responsibilities
• Creation of policies, plans and projects relating to primary and secondary transport systems
• Investigate ways to improve current systems or motivate new systems to be implemented to enhance efficiencies within the transportation environment
• Regularly meet with service providers of operational systems and ensure that updates, new developments and enhancements ensure the company operates with systems that is best in class
• Contact carriers for rates or schedules or utilise standard processes to ensure availability and effective utilisation of outside resources.
• Confer with logistics management teams to determine ways to optimize service levels, maintain supply-chain efficiency, or minimize cost.
• Apply analytic methods or tools to understand, predict, or control logistics operations or processes.
• Remotely monitor the flow of vehicles or inventory
• Reorganize shipping schedules to consolidate loads, maximize vehicle usage, or limit the movement of empty vehicles.