Location: Cape Town
Duration: 12 MONTHS
Maersk, is offering 20 young unemployed, enthusiastic, energetic persons a unique and exciting opportunity to obtain a nationally recognised qualification and gain valuable working experience whilst earning a monthly stipend.
- A structured learning programme during which the learner spends time attending learning theory in class, and time learning practical skills in the workplace.
- Upon successful completion of the Programme, Learners receive a qualification registered on the National Qualifications Framework. Such a qualification is designed to provide not only technical and work-specific skills, but life skills such as communication and teamwork.
- In this specific learnership, each learner will be paid a learner allowance for a period of 12 months.
- Appropriate workplace facilities and opportunities for training and job rotation.
- Supervision, coaching and mentoring in the workplace.
- Opportunities for learners to attend off-the-job classroom training sessions.
Who we are looking for
- Must be unemployed
- Youth between the ages of 20 – 35
- Previously disadvantaged from the designated group (Black, Coloured, Indians males and females; and white females)
- Preference for People with disabilities
- Not participating in any other learnership
- Hold a Grade 12 Matric Certificate or equivalent
- Be available for interviews during October 2017
- Be able to start a learnership on 1 November 2017
- Be motivated to be educated and developed
- Team player
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to self-study and complete assignments
- Good attitude and aptitude skills
- Critical, Analytical thinking skills
Once we receive your application, you will receive emails to complete two online assessments. Please complete BOTH as soon as possible after receipt of the emails. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of the application closing date, you may assume that your application was unsuccessful.
How To Apply
Apply Online for the Maersk: Learnership Programme 2018