An opportunity has arisen to appoint an Application System Analyst at out Cape Town branch.
Summary of the position
The primary responsibility for this position is to provide system-level support of multi-user applications, hardware and software tools, including installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of these systems. Identify alternatives for optimizing of application processes.
Outline of main duties and responsibilities
The Application System Analyst will be expected to:
- Provide standby support to the 1 st Level support team for the application systems;
- Analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems and processes;
- Plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, maintain and upgrade of application systems;
- Analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs;
- Prepare detailed documentation outlining systems capabilities and processes;
- Work as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems;
- Write and maintain system documentation;
- Document system problems and resolutions for knowledge management;
- Responsible for logging and tracking of errors/enhancements to Vendors;
- Analysis, escalation and follow up of technical incidents;
- Responsible for month end runs – This includes working extended hours at month end;
- Interacting extensively within departments;
- Focus on user experience to drive functional and technological changes;
- Support the system’s in-house user-base, applying COBIT/ITIL best governance practices;
- Manage and maintain security of system at all levels business units, security roles, access etc.
Skills and experience required
The successful candidate will have:
- An appropriate Degree/Diploma – B.Com/BSc Computer Science/Information Systems/Financial Information Systems;
- Above average communication skills (written & verbal);
- Experience in a systems analyst role;
- Strong technical background in Unix, Relational databases and middleware an advantage;
- Confident & enthusiastic with an ability to adapt to a changing environment;
- Team leadership experience an advantage;
- Experience on Asset Management systems an advantage i.e. strong technical background in NX Manager, Invest one, Asset Arena Tax etc. and application support;
- 4+ years’ experience in systems support and administration;
- Experience in application implementations, as well as application deployment and/or distributed system implementation;
- Experience in writing complex SQL queries
The Application System Analyst will report to the Manager Systems Administration, ICT, South Africa.
Remuneration will be market related and commensurate with experience and seniority. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a competitive benefits package.