Make A Difference Leadership Foundation (MAD Leadership Foundation) focuses on leadership development through education: the approach is to identify academically talented scholars with leadership potential, who do not have the necessary financial resources, and offer them support in the areas of education, leadership, wellness and life-skills development.
Job Title: Psychologist
Job Location: Cape Town
Salary: Market related salary
This is a part-time position with hours ranging from 25 to 30 per week.
- Support of our scholars holistically on a day-to-day basis to achieve their academic, professional and personal goals
- Identify trends and respond to issues as they arise, provide one-on-one and group interventions aligned to ongoing health and well-being
- Alongside peers and managers review trends and develop wellness programmes to support emotional resilience, stress management and broad health and well-being skills and knowledge
- Identify tailored and individualised plans that assist scholars in achieving their potential
Risk Assessment and Response
- Provide immediate support and advice to team on risks to scholars, provide one-on-one advice, responses and counselling
Administration and Reporting
- Coordinate logistics, input data, develop reports, as well as evaluate and monitor systems to better assess scholars through person-centred approaches
- Master’s degree in Clinical/Counselling/Educational Psychology as well as registration with the HPCSA
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in a Psychologist role or job function
- Ability to implement counselling interventions and develop wellness programmes
- Must have strong leadership abilities and experience with both leading and supervising
- Strong administrative as well as project management skills
- Experience in corporate and/or group work
- Experience supporting and enabling youth would be an advantage
- Additional training with regards to youth would be advantageous
- Ability to work within a dynamic team environment through hard work, calmness, tolerance and consistency
- Ability to create a network of contacts across various disciplines that provide advice on what resources are available both within or outside of the organisation
- Ability to work to a high specification in order to improve and maintain quality
- Lead, encourage and support scholars in order for them to meet their objectives
- Ability to problem solve and come up with well thought through practical solutions utilising the expertise of both self and others
- Provide support and care in terms of both advice and action in areas where competence, knowledge or experience are required for the scholars
- Agile learning ability as well as ability to implement new innovations
- A great team player, ability to work with the team to achieve the required outcomes
- Ability to engage in business improvement and innovation
- Ability to influence, motivate and engage people at all levels in the organisation through effective communication
- A passionate attitude towards the support and upliftment of youth in South Africa
- Ability to make meaningful connections with teenagers and young adults
- Driver’s license and own transport
- South African citizen
- Clear criminal record
To apply, submit a CV to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and requested to send a CV.
Should you not be contacted by a consultant within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please note that only candidates matching the above criteria will be considered.
Application Deadline: 31st July, 2018