Malamulele Onward is a small non-profit organization committed to improving the quality of life of children with disabilities particularly Cerebral Palsy and their carers living in resource-constrained settings. We are looking for an experienced person to be our new Programme Manager. This is a part-time position, based in our Johannesburg office to start in February 2020.
Job Title: Programme Manager
The Programme Manager is responsible for the successful delivery, co-ordination and management projects’ activities. The Programme Manager is accountable for the overall integrity and coherence of the projects/programmes. To take total responsibility for planning, structuring, leading and executing programmes’ activities.
Employment Type: initial contract is for 1 year with possibility of extension( or full-time) depending of the availability of funds.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Planning and designing of the programmes and proactively monitoring their progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
- Defining the programme’s governance arrangements.
- Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the programmes.
- Managing the programmes’ budget and monitoring expenditure.
- Managing communications with all stakeholders.
- Managing risks to the programmes’ successful outcomes.
- Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise.
- Supervising staff.
- Managing all programmes’ activities.
- Networking and collaboration with potential partners.
- Contributing to the planning of the organization’s future programmes and activities.
- Leading with the fundraising initiatives for programmes.
- Preparing reports.
- BA in social sciences with more than 5 years’ experience in programme management or a relevant field; MA is a plus.
- Passion for children with special needs.
- General knowledge and understanding of childhood disability issues in Southern Africa, including local, regional and international protocols, conventions and policies concerning the rights of people living with disability
- Massive experience in preparing grant applications.
- Proven experience as a Programme Manager or other managerial position
- Organization and project management planning (planning, monitoring, budgets, reporting, etc.
- Experience is community development.
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience in training and mentoring
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation
- Be comfortable in an uncertain environment
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Ability to remain focused whilst taking a flexible approach
- Ability to multi-task, manage time and oneself, and prioritize with minimum supervision.
- Excellent writing skills and a good command of English (with additional local languages a distinct advantage)
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
You should also be a South African citizen (or hold a valid work permit), have a valid driver’s licence.
Please e-mail the Executive Director, at [email protected] the following information:
- A letter of motivation
- A short CV (maximum five pages)
- An indication of your expected salary
Application Deadline: Thursday, 31 December, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide at least three contactable referees