Metropolitan is one of the oldest financial services brands in South Africa. With a 116 year legacy of serving the communities in which it operates, Metropolitan represents true empowerment in serving Africa’s people through affordable financial solutions that create financial growth and security.
Metropolitan operates in South Africa, but the brand is also present in 12 African countries including, Namibia, Botswana, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Lesotho, and Swaziland.
Metropolitan provides financial wellness solutions that meet the needs of low income clients, including funeral insurance, health, savings, hospital cash_back cover, retirement solutions and life insurance.
The purpose of the role is to ensure program/project delivery of various strategic and tactical projects (with a focus on IT delivery) within the Retail Division.
The applicant should meet these requirements
- University degree (or equivalent) in either business or information technology
- Certification in project/programme management (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP)
- Preferred to have a recognized post graduate education in Programme/Project management
- 5_7 years hands_on Programme/Project management experience in managing medium and large projects and leading and facilitating cross_functional Programme/Project teams in an IT solutions development environment
- Absolute understanding and application of all Programme/Project management tools and techniques
- Will have successfully completed at least 5 major projects/programmes
- Good facilitation and presentation skills
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels with a presentable and professional personality
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Goal orientated and self_directed, driven and motivated
- Ability to operate in a multi_cultural environment
- A high level understanding of infrastructure and technology is required
- SCRUM Master experience will be beneficial
- A good understanding of Scaled Agile Framework will be beneficial
Responsibilities and work outputs
The Programme/Project Manager will be responsible for the management of several mainly IT focused projects and programmes within time, cost, quality and overall scope, which includes:
- Pre_initiation: facilitate management discussions around potential (concept) projects towards a decision on whether to proceed or not
- Programme/Project Initiation: facilitating the definition of Programme/Project business case and Programme/Project registration involving conceptualization of Programme/Project and Programme/Project alignment to strategy
- Programme/Project Planning: Undertaking Programme/Projects scoping workshops in order to define the project’s deliverables, scope, plan, risk matrix, budget, team and so forth and obtaining approval of these by constituting and managing a Programme/Project board
- Programme/Project Execution and Control: Performing the management of the Programme/Project through the application, control and management of Programme/Project budget and team members towards achieving the project’s deliverables. Providing regular written and presented feedback to the Programme/Project board and managing regular Programme/Project team meetings. Controlling and reporting on Programme/Project expenditure
- Programme/Project financial management. Resolving hurdles and managing risk on the Programme/Project as it rolls out. Managing conflict and team member issues
- Programme/Project Close_out: handing over the Programme/Project to operations and delivering a Programme/Project finalization report to the Programme/Project board. Programme/Project expenditure finalization
- Post_Programme/Project: support to the financial consultant in determining the degree to which the Programme/project has added value and provided the benefits originally envisaged
- Other Initiatives: contributing to and where requested to drive initiatives such as Knowledge Management, Special Interest Groups, Business Engagement, project management tools/systems and so forth
Desired Skills and Experience
All candidates must demonstrate living the MMI Values:
- Team Work
The main goal of the position is to ensure Programme/Project delivery according to
the contracted scope, plan and budget, by the prompt resolution of issues, diligent
Programme/Project change control, accurate and realistic planning, careful
stakeholder management and managing of all resources and the provision of a
quality solution to the satisfaction of the client.