Posted on :
15 Oct, 2013
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Managing Director will be will be responsible for leading the business to achieve optimum performance and ensuring that financial, commercial and operational best practices are achieved.
Paarl Media seeks a talented, ambitious and commercially competent executive who thrives on the pursuit of building successful organisations.
A proven record of leadership and the capability of developing a sustainable high performance culture is required.
The ability to interpret and analyse financial results and accompanying management packs to evaluate the results against plan is imperative.
Key responsibilities include:
• Manage effective and short term business planning and forecasting in line with overall business strategy/goals.
• The achievement of profitability in line with the company’s strategic goals.
• Ensure that the sales function maintains effective and mutually beneficial relationships with existing customers, through participation in major negotiations.
• Ensure that the printing and site management processes employ best practice techniques to achieve maximum operational efficiency, sustained improvements in quality, service and operating costs and return on investment.
• Establish consistency in operating standards, an awareness/compliance with safety, health and environmental legislation and Group policy.
• Ensure that business adopt and develop business IT and commercial systems that improve Paarl Media’s service offering.
• Ensure that the financial controls and reporting practices within the business units meet Group standards and legal requirements.
• Ensure that the local purchasing function maintains effective relationships with suppliers and achieves a significant level of performance.
• Develop and agree overall labour and capital plans for the business.
Preferably a post graduate who has operated at senior management level with a strong costing/commercial, strategic and operational management track record combined with a passion to succeed.
The successful candidate must demonstrate evidence in having driven business improvements towards and exceeding growth targets in a challenging commercial environment.
Skills & Competencies
The position further requires a self-motivated individual, who has an entrepreneurial flair with lateral thinking and problem solving abilities. A dynamic person, who has a confident, outgoing personality with excellent communication skills, will complement the other requirements.
In exchange for the successful candidate’s services, the company offers a competitive and flexible remuneration package coupled with various incentive programmes.
[button link=”http://paarlmedia.external.erecruit.co.za/candidateapp/Jobs/View/200913-1/Managing_Director_-_Paarl_Media_Cape” color=”lightblue” newwindow=”yes”] Click here to apply online[/button]