The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is a continental think-tank that seeks to address the development challenges in Africa in a holistic and comprehensive manner. The mission for MINDS is to provide a forum for dialogue, information dissemination and networking, underpinned by rigorous research on different elements of “Africaness”, in order to inform and influence policy and practice on governance, economic development and the evolution of African institutions.
Job Title: Communication Officer
Start date: As soon as possible
The purpose of the position is to coordinate MINDS communications, manage content for online media platforms, plan for MINDS events, and provide executive support.
- Identify, develop/generate content for MINDS marketing and digital publications
- Compile and post content on MINDS social media platforms regularly
- Review and manage MINDS visibility and thematic areas using media monitoring platforms
- Monitor the MINDS website info email address
- Create, maintain and update a media contacts database
- Work with programme manager/coordinators to produce a calendar of events for the year
- Coordinate logistics for and marketing of events
- Source and meet with suppliers as per required internal guidelines
- Manage Executive Chairperson’s diary, travel and office email
- Create, maintain and update a non-media contacts database
- Organise Board meetings, take minutes of meetings and follow up on Board decisions
- A degree in Development Studies, Journalism or Communications
- Experience with content management for various online platforms, and events management
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to produce clear, focused reports
- Understanding of social media tools and channels
- Understanding the NGO environment, and the media industry
- Computer skills
- Possess relevant key skills and competencies
- Notably: business acumen, client/stakeholder commitment, results-orientation, strategic thinking, and being results driven
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with salary expectation to [email protected] stating ‘MINDS Communication Officer’ in the subject line.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MINDS reserves the right not to appoint anyone for this position.
Application Deadline: 12th August, 2018