Fully integrated, highly networked: During an internship, you experience first-hand what it is that distinguishes Henkel employees and makes them successful. You will be integrated into the team from your very first day, and will be able to find out what it means to work for an international market leader and to define tomorrow’s market – whether consumer goods or industry.
Make use of this opportunity and convince us of your talents and initiative – just like 1,500 other interns worldwide each year.
Every internship starts with a definition of individual targets and objectives. After that, you can get started immediately and give free rein to your ambitions. From the first day onwards, you will be fully integrated and pass a customized program.
Meanwhile you can rely on continuous support by members of the HR department and your mentor, who will be an experienced member of your department.
Manufacturing, Process Engineering and Projects Internship.
What we offer
- Combine Electrical Engineering, Process Engineering & Design with Project Management Principles.
- Assist with the development of project definitions
- Prepare proposals, capital applications, feasibility studies, and solutions.
- Control, plan, direct and coordinate projects and personnel during the entire lifecycle of the project.
- Assist with managing projects from inception to completion per agreed schedules, budgets and deliverables.
- Assist with developing project plans to identify resources, timelines and budgets.
- Participate in project team meetings, give feedback, document progress and issue minutes.
- Manage Henkel personnel and contractors to meet agreed project deadlines.
- Carry out technical root cause investigations into manufacturing process failures and problems encountered on the chemical manufacturing plant.
- Perform process trials and experiments to optimize the production process.
- Assist with preparation of process flow diagrams, piping & instrumentation diagrams, equipment specifications and process descriptions for new projects.
- Provide detailed electrical engineering specifications for equipment such as pumps, vessels, plate heat exchangers, packed bed absorbers, chemical reactors, control valves, manual valves, sight glasses and materials of construction required for new plants and plant upgrades.
- Assist with preparation of detailed process control narratives for plant improvements and new projects.
- Prepare process specifications for instrumentation such as pressure transmitters, temperature transmitters, differential pressure flow meters, orifice plate flow meters, Coriolis flow meters, magnetic flow meters, rotameters, control valves, pH meters, ORP meters, micro-motion inline density meters and conductivity meters.
- Produce technical reports on process experimental trials, process improvements and experimental work performed.
- Ensure design methods, standards and data used to meet the company and international specifications.
- Follow Management of Change procedures and maintain a high standard of safety in all process engineering work.
- Inform Line Management of any technical problems encountered on the plant
- Communicate changes in design information to other disciplines.
- Prepare project progress and cost reports
- Participate in process HAZOP studies and report on findings.
- Prepare operating procedures and provide training for improvement projects.
- Review supplier quotations from an electrical engineering standpoint.
- Review supplier drawings and documents for final approval.
- Participate in design reviews, risk assessments and HAZOP studies.
- File electrical engineering calculations and other project documents in a proRr manner/ electronically during project life cycle
- Provide elect
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Electrical)
- Fluent in the English language
- Proficient user of MS Office applications
- Detail and results oriented
- Determination to achieve
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills